Options

Study guide recommendation

hman4hman4 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just flopped the exam. 756.
Everyone is recomending the Syngress book, is this the one:
Security+ Study Guide and DVD Training System
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1931836728/qid=1091768352/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/104-0738572-3732739?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Options
    wylie24wylie24 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I found that exam insite and sybex were good books. I also used the syngress book and found it to not be as informative. A good idea is to get the Boson software to take some practice exams. As well they have some good study guides. You can check out their practice exams at www.boson.com
    Helpful Hint
    > When your brain leaks out of your ears, you need to stop reading and play a game!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    hman4hman4 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I bought the exam cram pratice questions. At least i'll know if they are similar to the real exam.

I used the test takers book as my primary guide and it was missing so much
  • Options
    scripteazescripteaze Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I read both the syngress book as well as the ExamCram2 tittle, although i havent taken the test yet..i score pretty high on the pre tests from both boson and transcenders....good luck
    -=scripteaze=-
  • Options
    MagicAlexMagicAlex Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I looked at several of the exam books and found the 'Security+ All-In-One' by White to be the easiest to understand. It didn't, however, include some of the facts that were on my test. The book that filled in those gaps was 'The Security+ Exam Guide (Testtaker's Guide Series)' by Crayton.

Between those two books and the Boson software I was able to pass only missing 2 questions.
  • Options
    antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    hman4 wrote:
    I just flopped the exam. 756.
    Everyone is recomending the Syngress book, is this the one:
    Security+ Study Guide and DVD Training System
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1931836728/qid=1091768352/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/104-0738572-3732739?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Thanks for the help

Hey, let us know the materials that you used for the test.

Here are all the materials I am using:

As for books, I am using Microsoft Press, Que, Exam Cram 2

Study Guides - Tech Exams, MCMSCE.com, Sybex & Cramsession

Courses - CBT & Learn Key, and instructor lead course

I know this is alot of stuff, but I study hard day & Night to ensure I cover mostly everything.
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III
  • Options
    nightstrm_utnightstrm_ut Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have used the Sybex book, Testout CBT software, Transcenders practice exams, and the study guides here and MCMCSE.

Hopefully it was enough, I sit for the test tomorrow afternoon. I am pretty confident that it was.
  • Options
    antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    I have used the Sybex book, Testout CBT software, Transcenders practice exams, and the study guides here and MCMCSE.

Hopefully it was enough, I sit for the test tomorrow afternoon. I am pretty confident that it was.

Test Out is about the hardest practice test you can get. I think you will score high on the test. I used test out for the network+.
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III
  • Options
    Yeah, I thought it had a pretty decent examsim in it. I did rather well on it, so hopefully it will translate into a passing grade. I'll know in 6 hours or so...

I wasn't able to use the Network+ one, but the firm I work for has the MS ones so I'll be using those as well.
  • Options
    Dforge715Dforge715 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I strongly recommend Tcat Hauser's Security + guide plus Boson practice tests.
  • Options
    Well, the study methods that I used seemed to have paid off for me... scored a 844/900! Now on to the MCSA tests...