Great PrepLogic Deal - Practice exam, and free voucher!

HDDanielsHDDaniels Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all. I got this email today. The deal is good until Friday 9/5/08.

"If you want to get certified, you need a PrepLogic Practice Exam. But no matter how prepared you are, you can't pass without paying for your exam. Now PrepLogic has you covered. Buy any practice exam for just $99 and we'll pay for your exam."

http://www.preplogic.com/products/promo/view_pevouch.aspx?CampaignID=PEVOUCH99_TUESDAY

Comments

• ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Would have been good to know about 2 weeks ago.Good deal
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
  • jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    How long do the vouchers last for??

Says the sale ends September 5th... This is a pretty sick deal...
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I believe the only catch is the voucher is good up to $155 and after that you pay the rest. Still a good deal but just don't expect to take a comptia exam for free from it.
  • HDDanielsHDDaniels Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The voucher is good for 12 months. They pay for the entire exam. I called them to verify. I ordered the Security+. I wanted to order Network+, and Security+, but, they only give 1 per customer.
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    shednik wrote:
    I believe the only catch is the voucher is good up to $155 and after that you pay the rest. Still a good deal but just don't expect to take a comptia exam for free from it.

Darn I was hoping they would pay all of the $550 for the CISSP. :)
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
    shednik wrote:

Where does it say up to $155? I want my Network+ paid for!! icon_lol.gif

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    shednik wrote:

I think you are right, but the one I bought last year actually did cover all of my Security+ exam, which was awesome.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Just as a heads up....it normally takes like 4-6 weeks to get your voucher, so plan ahead. Before you send your submissions (as insurance) you may want to:

A) make sure you make copies of your receipts and submission form
    and
    B) spend the 2 dollars send your mail certified.

I've done this deal a few times in the past.....Preplogic usually has this deal a few times a year.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
    The vouchers will work at any Prometric, right?

• motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    I just spoke to a woman named Ann from Preplogic, sounded nice on the phone, and was very helpful. She told me that basically the page from that link shows the CEH, CWNA, and ISC2 certifications, but are not offered with the voucher. She wasn't sure why they were listed on that page. I also talked to her about MS's second shot policy. She said that Preplogic issues a $125 voucher, basically "cash" as she put it, to go towards the purchase of any training material from Preplogic.

Hope this helps and saves some time for you.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
    jryantech wrote:
    The vouchers will work at any Prometric, right?

Yes
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    mog27 wrote:
    Darn I was hoping they would pay all of the $550 for the CISSP. :)
    $569US icon_sad.gif
  • kctxaukctxau Member Posts: 130
    These are CBTs correct? Can the entire practice exam be downloaded and run stand-alone,
    or are you required to be online to use the practice exams?
    Is the voucher sent email only, or is there any paper mail sent to you? It appears as the entire
    package is digital, not a bad thing, unless you are required to be online to use the practice exams.
    Also, it seems as some of the practice exams (and even the demo exams) may not have the correct title on the exams. The exam you request may be correct, but the title is mislabeled. Anyone notice this or experienced this?
    kctxau wrote:
    These are CBTs correct? Can the entire practice exam be downloaded and run stand-alone,
    or are you required to be online to use the practice exams?
    Is the voucher sent email only, or is there any paper mail sent to you? It appears as the entire
    package is digital, not a bad thing, unless you are required to be online to use the practice exams.
    Also, it seems as some of the practice exams (and even the demo exams) may not have the correct title on the exams. The exam you request may be correct, but the title is mislabeled. Anyone notice this or experienced this?

The practice exams is an .exe you download and install onto your computer. After that, you don't have to be online. Although, it does probably want to 'download the latest exam questions'. But no, you don't have to be online to use it. Other than that, I *believe* it needs to have at least .net (1.1 or 2.0) installed on your computer for it to work. But it'll prompt you if you don't have it and install it for you. Easy....

The voucher(s) I have received have always come via the post office (snail mail) but someone said it was emailed to them. So I dunno, expect a letter with a code....but keep your eye open for an email I guess.

Not sure what you mean about being labeled wrong. I've used 8 practice exams from Preplogic and I have never seen them labeled wrong. A few questions here and there might be not so good and should have been thrown out, but overall I think the product is good. The Demo practice exams maybe a generic title, I haven't used any of the demos.
  • cogrick2cogrick2 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Update: Using the link above, you will see that this promotion is still active. The website indicates the promotion will continue until Saturday, September 13th.
    Learning what certifications to earn in pursuit of being a project manager.
  • kctxaukctxau Member Posts: 130
    Well, I purchased the 70-622, but am unclear on something.
    The Voucher Redemption form that was emailed to me contains the following text:

"...Redemption Forms may be submitted no sooner than 30 days after qualifying purchase. Submission must be postmarked on or before 90 days from the date of purchase..."

"...Allow 4 – 6 weeks for processing of Exam Voucher Redemption...."

So, does this mean it will be a minimum of 2 months before I can take the exam?
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    kctxau wrote:

"...Redemption Forms may be submitted no sooner than 30 days after qualifying purchase. Submission must be postmarked on or before 90 days from the date of purchase..."

Yep. Too much fine print on that offer, so I stayed away.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    kctxau wrote:

It sounds more like a rebate and not an actual discount voucher. If so, you will need to pay the full exam cost and then get refunded the difference later (after 4-6 weeks). It really depends on their definition of the word "voucher."

I'm still waiting to see the $20 rebate on a graphics card I submitted over two months ago... icon_confused.gif