Book Recommendations for 70-290

keef-richardskeef-richards Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
Any suggestions for books for 70-290 exam ?
I heard Microsoft Press and Sybex are both good, but which one shoul I opt for ?

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I wouldn't know for this exam, but I've used Sybex for others, and like their books. Although, if you can afford it, I would get both.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I have Exam Cram2 70-290 book.. I honestly think it has everything I need.
  • pitservicespitservices Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know of good sites for practice exams?

piercey@pitservices.ca
  • awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    so any recommendations??
  • awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    anyone exam cram2 or ms press , let me knw pls?? I dont want to make wrong decision.
  • woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    I haven't used the Exam Cram book, but I do have the Microsoft and the Sybex book for this and I personally think the Sybex book is quite poor. I think too many of the subjects are skimmed over where the Microsoft book does go in to more detail.

I haven't taken the test yet though so can't promise the Microsoft book is going to get you through it either!

Whatever you do you should use more than one reference anyway.

Good Luck
  • gaiter83gaiter83 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You've probably bought your book by now, but I've been studying with the MS Press book and I have to say that it's great. It's not too long, just what you need, well written... There's 13 chapters on exam content and then another 5 chapters on exam prep questions and case scenarios. Every chapter is divided in lessons, it tells you how long (minutes) each lesson should take. At the end of each lesson, there's a hands-on practice section and lesson review questions. At the end of each chapter, they have chapter review, case scenarios, key terms, etc.

I for one, don't really like Sybex fo MS exams, from what I've seen. However, I will always use Sybex for Cisco exams. just bought the Cisco Sybex books for CCSP exams: 642-501, 642-511 and 642-521.
    B.Sc. - Computer Science/Math
    A+, CCNA

Plans of getting MCSE and CCSP
  • woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    ok, I failed this exam a couple of weeks back so I'm not really in a position to start recommending books! (but i'm going to anyway!)

I used the Sybex book as my main reference last time with the MS book to fill in gaps.

I also have the Syngress book now and that seems to have more detail than either of the other two.

There are good test questions with the MS Training Kit and the Syngress web-site, and I think that the Cert Tutor site has reasonable questions (100+ test questions).

I would like to say that I'm not 'blaming' the Sybex book for my failure, I realise now that I just wasn't ready for the exam and needed to put more work in to it ....