Options

MCSA or MCDST

What do you guys think would be best to go for out of these?

MCSA 2000 followed by upgrade to 2003

or

the new Microsoft desktop support tech?

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Depends on the job you want and the jobs available in your area. The MCDST is specific for support, while MCSA is meant for administrators.

Both would be good :D
  • Options
    rockstar81rockstar81 Member Posts: 151
    thanks for reply.

I was considering doing both. Is there much of a difference between 70-271(supporting windows xp OS) to 70-271(MCP XP)..they look just about the same on a quick glance?
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, think of it this way:

For the MCSA electives, you can take the A+, and then either the Security + (ouch), Network +, or Server + (I haven't taken it but I made it through the book in less than a month, and I'm no genius).

OR

You can get the MCDST. I think really the A+ and N+ might give you some more general concepts, so you could go on to at least get a ccna or understand linux, whereas the MCDST kind of pigeonholes you into the MS route. I still want to see the material though, because it's bound to be pretty interesting.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    cyborgcyborg Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi People!

I'm taking my MCDST exams in 2 weeks. I noticed there are no practise questions here for it. Does anyone have any clue as to online resources and practise questions for the certification (MCDST)?

Would appreciate your help
    cyborg