Options

Professional Wrestling

2»

Comments

• Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    EdTheLad wrote:
    We'll i lost my money, but the only one willing to fight was Chuck, lucky punch and thats it.
    Evans remains a joke in my opinion, jumping around never coming forward, at least when Chuck fights he mixes it up attacking and defending.
    Looking forward to Chucks next fight, cant say the same for Evans.
    All in all, UFC88 didn't live up to expectations, Matt Hamil was very disappointing

While I am not an Evens fan either, it was great to watch him knock Chuck flat on his ass and he did it in a very big way. While I was very disappointed in the start of the fight with Evans running around when he did decide to stand his ground the outcome was classic. It was interesting to see Chuck push the fight for once though.

Just about everyone I thought would win did. Franklin, Evans, Marquart, McDonald. It was a decent showing, but there have been better.

I still think Lesnar is going to beat Couture's eyes shut too. :P
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□

I still think Lesnar is going to beat Couture's eyes shut too. :P

Yep,i keep changing my mind on this one,watching an interview Lesnar just looked huge next to Randy.I'm hoping Randy wins as he has alot more class than Lesnar, Lesnar showed alot of disrespect to Herring after that fight.
    I still think if Randy can last the first round barrage he can win it, classic David vs Goliath.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Lucky punch or not, it was clearly a mistake Liddel has made before. He goes for this giant uppercut, leaving his other side wide open. Evans played him like a pro, leading with a left, then pulling back. Chuck sees the left coming in, goes for the uppercut, and BAM!!! Evans shows him whats's up, or better yet, shows him what the inside of his eyelids look like.....

Evans is no joke, he's undefeated for one, and wants to keep moving up. We'll see how long he lasts, but I think he's one to watch in the future.

The biggest joke of all is Kimbo Slice. He actually wants you to believe that be fighting and possibly beating old man Shamrock that he's worthy competitor. Seriously, fight a real fighter Kimbo....there's a reason UFC isn't trying to get him under contract......I'll still watch his fight though, just because one of those two is going to get hurt badly I think.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ricka182 wrote:
    The biggest joke of all is Kimbo Slice. He actually wants you to believe that be fighting and possibly beating old man Shamrock that he's worthy competitor. Seriously, fight a real fighter Kimbo....there's a reason UFC isn't trying to get him under contract......I'll still watch his fight though, just because one of those two is going to get hurt badly I think.....

I only saw one Kimbo Slice fight on utube and i wasn't impressed as his opponent was awful.
    Who would pay to see Shamrock lose again? he's 44 but looks 64.

Now on to my rant about Shamrock, i have no idea how this guy got so popular.I've watched the early UFCs and at no point was i impressed.I think it was his physique rather than his fighting that got him noticed.Some of his fights were embarassing to say the least, against gracie he just lay on top,against Severn he ran in a circle.
    His ground and pound is terrible, he throws a couple of punches to the kidneys and thats it, the only weapon he has are leg locks.
    His brother Frank was so much better.
    His fights against Tito really showed what he was about, Tito destroyed him and at that time Tito was well past his sell by date too.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ricka182 wrote:

I have not watched any of Kimbo's fights, but going after Shamrock doesn't seem like that big of a task to me. My cousin wants to see Lesnar and Slice go at it though.
    Now on to my rant about Shamrock, i have no idea how this guy got so popular.I've watched the early UFCs and at no point was i impressed.I think it was his physique rather than his fighting that got him noticed.Some of his fights were embarassing to say the least, against gracie he just lay on top,against Severn he ran in a circle.
    His ground and pound is terrible, he throws a couple of punches to the kidneys and thats it, the only weapon he has are leg locks.
    His fights against Tito really showed what he was about, Tito destroyed him and at that time Tito was well past his sell by date too.

x2! I whole heartedly agree with that!
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ricka182 wrote:

I have not watched any of Kimbo's fights, but going after Shamrock doesn't seem like that big of a task to me. My cousin wants to see Lesnar and Slice go at it though.

x2! I whole heartedly agree with that!

Kimbo is the posterboy of the elite XC, and they are giving him doughboys to beat up until he gets good. Weather or not he does that, Im watching it because if its like his last fight, it will be FREE on CBS :)

I enjoy MMA, but I get sick and tired of the 'ground and pound' real fast. Thats why I enjoy Liddel. Even though he does have a wrestling background, I've always seen him as a straight up puncher. I do understand the purpose and complexity of the wrestling/submission portion of MMA, and I have the utmost respect for any MMA fighter. But watching 2 dudes wrestle on the ground for a long time in nothing but shorts? Yes, thats what it boils down to icon_confused.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bringing this thread back...found this wrestling game and thought it was pretty cool. Its a combination of wwe and dungeons and dragons

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w=500446
  • Options
    someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    I still watch WWE on Monday nights and sometimes Fridays if I can catch it. My favorite wrestler is the HBK... the show stopper, the main event, Mr. Wrestlemania.