passed 70-291 just now - 700

DiminutiveDiminutive Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
barely skated by with a 700, figured WTH, had the 2nd chance voucher- now I'm an MCSA woot

started last week on Monday with 620, took 290 monday, and 291 today. with my MCSE in NT4 that makes me an MCSA 2003, now on to 293.

Studied with CBT nuggets and read the answers on the first Transcender practice test this morning.
WIP: Win2008 MCITP Upgrade

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think you're the first person on here I've seen use your old NT4 credential to pull off an MCSA. Congratulations on that and the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the newly-minted MCSA! icon_thumright.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations, and welcome to the MCSA club. Good luck on the 70-293 exam.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • DiminutiveDiminutive Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    I think you're the first person on here I've seen use your old NT4 credential to pull off an MCSA. Congratulations on that and the pass icon_thumright.gif

yeah I'm probably a dumbass for not doing the Win2K upgrade exam so it must be a rare sight to see NT4 MCSEs with little else to show since, ones who still work in IT anyway.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Diminutive wrote:
    dynamik wrote:

yeah I'm probably a dumbass for not doing the Win2K upgrade exam so it must be a rare sight to see NT4 MCSEs with little else to show since, ones who still work in IT anyway.

But you do now! :D Congrats.
  • 120nm4n120nm4n Member Posts: 116
    Congrats on the pass! I actually had the exact same score on the test a couple days ago. I figured no one would believe me if I said it. :)
    WIP: MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Done
    70-647 - In Progress
    70-649 - Soon.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

I also got a 700 a few months ago. You are now apart of a highly touted group, there's not too many with our highly specialized magical powers. icon_wink.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    Congrats :) . Did u use the CbtNuggets for 291 ? Well .. did you follow it ? I tried going through it as well, didnt work out for me. I think TestOut is better for this Paper.
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey,

Congratulations I'm studying for my 70-291 exam date should be the 20th of October. Hopefully I can follow in your shoes and make the MCSA grade.
    Congrats :) . Did u use the CbtNuggets for 291 ? Well .. did you follow it ? I tried going through it as well, didnt work out for me. I think TestOut is better for this Paper.

sure did use CBT Nuggets, bastard re-uses alot of the stuff for the 293 nuggets too. Apparently I didn't follow RRAS well since I got a 0 in it lol. But I do like the instructor, I can follow doublespeed with him. I'll have to borrow my friends TestOut and see what its like.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Diminutive wrote:

sure did use CBT Nuggets, bastard re-uses alot of the stuff for the 293 nuggets too. Apparently I didn't follow RRAS well since I got a 0 in it lol. But I do like the instructor, I can follow doublespeed with him. I'll have to borrow my friends TestOut and see what its like.

Are you saying you got a 700 and got a 0 on the RRAS section? That sounds all too familiar. icon_wink.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)

Are you saying you got a 700 and got a 0 on the RRAS section? That sounds all too familiar. icon_wink.gif

icon_lol.gif , then you know how it is, I never have used a Microsoft machine (or any computer) for any routing other than dial-in, VPN or ICS. I thought I had an idea what was going on there but apparently not hehe. I'm setting up NAT in MS Virtual Machine rather belatedly, just in case it helps with 293.
  • CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Diminutive wrote:
    barely skated by with a 700, figured WTH, had the 2nd chance voucher- now I'm an MCSA woot

started last week on Monday with 620, took 290 monday, and 291 today. with my MCSE in NT4 that makes me an MCSA 2003, now on to 293.

Studied with CBT Nuggets and read the answers on the first Transcender practice test this morning.

Haha, well done mate!
    cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
    ---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

• shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • steve77uksteve77uk Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes - well done on the pass!

I am doing my 291, quite nervous about it, flew through my Network+ but felt it will certainly help me with the 291.

I am half way through CBT nuggets, also done 3/4 of the TestOut too..., perhaps I am just feeling the fear of it - think I have finally clicked with Custom Subnetting however it does take a while to work out, double checking and reading my own notes on how to do it though!
    A+ | Network+ | MCSA 2003 | MCSE 2003 | MCSA: Messaging 2003 | VCP 410

Now need 2008 Enterprise AND Exchange 2010 :cry:
  • jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    just passed the 291, happy that's over, on the 284 now. thanks to all in these forums, technotes, books, and hands on.
  • kavanajkavanaj Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Diminutive,

Looks like me and you are in the same shoes!!! Taking the same track as you and then on to my MCSE...

Congratulations on the pass and good luck with the path you've taken! icon_cool.gif
  • megasysmegasys Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! :D
    Woah thread necro! Thanks for the gratz's guys!
  • stevenjmuirstevenjmuir Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sweated blood studying for this exam as well and passed with a score of 700 a few weeks ago.
    I've done better in a lot of tests but this feels like the best score ever :D, after reviewing the test was convinced I'd failed icon_eek.gif .
    I too am going for the 70-284 next (17th Nov) Good luck everyone.

Hail the 700 icon_lol.gif