Options

System Monitor/Performance Monitor questions

ronpasa69ronpasa69 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
This has to do with performance counter questions. I need to make sure that the Performance counter 'Memory - Available Mbytes' counter remains at or above 5 percent of the totoal system memory. Will you please remind me how to find 5% 512MB using pencil and paper.

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ronpasa69 wrote:
    This has to do with performance counter questions. I need to make sure that the Performance counter 'Memory - Available Mbytes' counter remains at or above 5 percent of the totoal system memory. Will you please remind me how to find 5% 512MB using pencil and paper.
    512*0.05=25.6
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Stuff like this is easy to do in your head.

You know to get 10%, right? Just move the decimal over 1. Now you have 51.2. Now you just cut that in half to get 5%.

Otherwise, just find 1% by moving the decimal over two places. That's 5.12, and all you have to do with that is multiply by 5 to get your answer.
  • Options
    ronpasa69ronpasa69 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    astorrs wrote:
    ronpasa69 wrote:
    512*0.05=25.6

Thank you so much for the remedial math help. That’s exactly what I needed.