MCDST study Material?

TheGame18TheGame18 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi i am studying for the MCDST 272 exam, I have the Microsoft official academic book and CD.

Could anyone tell me if this book is enough to pass the 272 exam, or should I get the exam cram 2 book which Iv heard is better. I have failed this exam twice already

thanks

Comments

• vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm using the Exam Cram 2 book for the 272, and I used it for the 271. I passed the 271, & will be passing the 272 on Friday. icon_cool.gif
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What parts of the exam are you having trouble with? Are you doing any hands-on practice?
    I found doing hands-on and running through the test questions on the CD helped a lot with prepping. You might also try writing out notes on the areas that are giving you trouble.
    Good luck on your upcoming pass! :D
  • TheGame18TheGame18 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the section that I got low in was ''issues related to usability'', I am hoping to go through the CD and do the questions
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Useability. Ok, I would hit the Internet Options box, go through every tab and change the settings, especially the Advanced tab...lots of settings there to be familiar with. Play with the desktop, resolution, hook up dual monitors. Look through the folder optionsBasically, all the configuration changes that users might like to have.
  • jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used Sybex, MS Press, CBT nuggets, and flash cards that i made myself and this site of course.. study those and you'l do fine.
  • TheGame18TheGame18 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey, which is the better book exam cram 2 or Microsoft press? to study for 272 exam