Taking the first step

Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
Hello all found this site, wanted to say hello to all. I'm taking my first A+ (core) on Thursday, after a five year delay (no money)...have been studying with three books, one outdated(ExamCram2- think this one is the 201 objectives), one from 2003 (PC Upgade & Main. Guide by Mark Minasi) and Absolute Beg guide to A+ cert (bought from Computer books direct). I know I'm weak on wireless and printers, so I have to get cracking....I must say, reading some of the post scares the nerves out of me.. icon_confused.gif ...but it's off to the libaray for another long day. Either way, I'll have two tall ones for either passing the test OR having to have to study again...lol.... I'll talk to you soon
Someone asked me when will my studying be over......

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Good Luck. where at in South Carolina?
  • Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    Thanks garv221...I'm in Greenville, just arrived June this year...
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Cool, I know where thats at. I use to live on Hilton Head Island. I did some networking there.
    After batteling fears of wanting to rabbit from the exam room, and really going tinto a panic state when I was marking questions to 're-read' I finally calmed down enough to say" What the hell I'm here quit cryin' and either finish the test or lose your money!" Wellllllll....I took the test, changed some answers (yes I know NEVER do that...lol....)...but finally ended the blasted thing with a passing score...not the greatest- 556, but passing.... icon_rolleyes.gif ...sooooo...it's off to the OS part...today is 'bottoms up' time- while watching panthers play, then back to the books tomorrow....
    Thanks webmaster for this site!
  • skaeightskaeight Member Posts: 130
    Sulblk27 wrote:
    After batteling fears of wanting to rabbit from the exam room, and really going tinto a panic state when I was marking questions to 're-read' I finally calmed down enough to say" What the love I'm here quit cryin' and either finish the test or lose your money!" Wellllllll....I took the test, changed some answers (yes I know NEVER do that...lol....)...but finally ended the blasted thing with a passing score...not the greatest- 556, but passing.... icon_rolleyes.gif ...sooooo...it's off to the OS part...today is 'bottoms up' time- while watching panthers play, then back to the books tomorrow....

Ha, I just passed A+ today too and I'm a Steelers fan. I have the same plans as you, only I'll be rooting for the other team :) . Congratulations!
    skaeight wrote:
    Sulblk27 wrote:
    After batteling fears of wanting to rabbit from the exam room, and really going tinto a panic state when I was marking questions to 're-read' I finally calmed down enough to say" What the love I'm here quit cryin' and either finish the test or lose your money!" Wellllllll....I took the test, changed some answers (yes I know NEVER do that...lol....)...but finally ended the blasted thing with a passing score...not the greatest- 556, but passing.... icon_rolleyes.gif ...sooooo...it's off to the OS part...today is 'bottoms up' time- while watching panthers play, then back to the books tomorrow....

Ha, I just passed A+ today too and I'm a Steelers fan. I have the same plans as you, only I'll be rooting for the other team :) . Congratulations!

icon_lol.gif ...good deal!...lol...we both will be cheering for more reason than one...but just to let you in on a secret....PANTHERS rule!.....lol....Congrats on the passing of you test...one down...fifteen to go!....lol....