Options

Backup in Linux...

TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
Is CPIO or tar covered in the exam for backing up? I guess I am trying to figure how in depth they want you to know backup procedures and the commands to backup certian files/folders to a tape/hard disk etc.

This is defiantly a weak spot in my linux experience because I have always used third party apps.

I have been studying up on this area, but I am still trying to learn all the switches for CPIO.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    TechJunky wrote:
    Is CPIO or tar covered in the exam for backing up?

Absolutely. I don't think I'm allowed to be more specific than that, NDA and all ;)
  • Options
    EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They are both listed on the CompTIA objectives and you can find them in the Sybex and Linux+ In Depth books. In addition to Dyn's comment, that should answer your question. :D
  • Options
  • Options
    GrynderGrynder Member Posts: 106
    I second what dynamic wrote. Definately learn those commands
  • Options
    marco71marco71 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tar with or w/o gzip, bzip2 support, is de-facto standard for backup and mentioned in all linux respectable reference material; but you should consider also some other utilities in day-to-day business backup, with incremental support, like rsync or rdiff-backup (which work also remotely)
  • Options
    Wow, so I have been using the study guide from Professionals and that is one of the most well written review guides I have ever read.

This test is 98 questions and 239 bucks?

Wow, talk about spendy... I am debating on taking this Friday... I hate feeling like I am cramming, but since I have another apple training course next week I would really like to get this one out of the way. Plus the rest of the apple training is all server side, so I am hoping it should over lap.