Transcender 40% Off Sale (Sept 9th-11th)

astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
Big sale at Trancender for the next 3 days. Everything is 40% off, the discount is applied automatically once you add the item to your shopping cart, no voucher/discount code required - just make sure you follow the link here.
Shop our Annual Sale & Save!

The wait is over; Transcender's annual sale is here! From now through September 11th save 40% off all our products, so don't miss the opportunity to get your professional career on track. Distinguishing yourself amongst the techie flock just got a little easier, so stop putting it off because these deep discounts won't last long.

Annual Sale includes:
• Practice Exams, Study Guides, E-Learning and Virtual Lab Courses and Paks
• Pass or Don't Pay Guarantee
• 24/7 Customer Support

Don't wait, sale ends midnight (CT), September 11th!

Comments

• gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Thanks for the info astorrs! That's a good buy!
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you!!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    that SUCKS!!! I literally just bought 294 and 298 1.5 weeks ago... icon_sad.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cert-70-294 - TRA Product Configuration
    Contains:
    Cert-70-294_t-ol30 $119.00 -$47.60 $71.40 Remove

Subtotal: $71.40

71 bucks eh.... I might pay 20 for it.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Thanks, I was on the fence about purchasing the CISSP practice test, but I just bought it.

Sales rule. $120 for a 30 day subscription is a decent deal. I bought the Preplogic CISSP test on Friday, so maybe after this is over I will do a comprehensive review of some of the major CISSP practice test providers.

The questions at freepracticetests.org are free and very good, but many of the question writers seem to be trying to prove how smart and clever they are. Complex questions are valuable, but the vague wording and superfluous vocabulary can sometimes distract from learning. I love Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), but sometimes they have no business writing exams. CompTIA's poor questions are an example of this, but I digress...
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I don't know about the PrepLogic tests, but the CISSP tests from Trancender are reported to be easier than the actual CISSP questions and not in the same format. They are only intended to help you find the weak areas in your CBK knowledge and not meant as an actual simulation of the CISSP exam itself.
    JDMurray wrote:
    I don't know about the PrepLogic tests, but the CISSP tests from Trancender are reported to be easier than the actual CISSP questions and not in the same format. They are only intended to help you find the weak areas in your CBK knowledge and not meant as an actual simulation of the CISSP exam itself.

Yep, no CISSP practice test will accurately simulate the exam.

However, the official ISC(2) assement is said to perhaps have some retired questions, and is thought to give the taker a good feel for the actual format.

https://www.expresscertifications.com/ISC2/Catalog.aspx
    just bought Cisco CCNP 642-845 and 642-825 for 190$. Can't beat that.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
    By the the time this sale is over, I say this thread alone will have generated a couple thousand dollars worth of purchases...

Does astorrs get a commission? :D
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's a tough decision. The more I spend, the more I save. I could drop $500 and be like, "OMG I JUST SAVED $333.33". I look at things from that perspective a lot. It's turned out to not be as economical as I originally imagined icon_sad.gif
    LarryDaMan wrote:
    By the the time this sale is over, I say this thread alone will have generated a couple thousand dollars worth of purchases...

he definitely should.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    LarryDaMan wrote:

simpson-doh.png

Didn't think of that ;)
    Just to do it right, Trancender should advertise on TechExams.net.
  • jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    Oh my god... $77 for Network+ Practice Exam... :D:D:D

I wish I had a job right now...
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
    jryantech wrote:

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but just buy your voucher on Mike Meyer's website www.totalsem.com and it comes bundled with some very good practice tests. $77 way too expensive for Network+ practice tests.
  • jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    LarryDaMan wrote:
    jryantech wrote:

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but just buy your voucher on Mike Meyer's website www.totalsem.com and it comes bundled with some very good practice tests. $77 way too expensive for Network+ practice tests.

Voucher & Practice Exam is really good for $206 but I think Transcender has a better reputation when it comes to Practice Exams.

Although I did use Mike Meyers for my A+...
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
    jryantech wrote:
    LarryDaMan wrote:
    jryantech wrote:

Voucher & Practice Exam is really good for $206 but I think Transcender has a better reputation when it comes to Practice Exams.

Although I did use Mike Meyers for my A+...

From experience, the Mike Meyer's Network+ practice tests are great and he keeps the question bank very updated. I hadn't heard much about Transcender in regards to Network+. Good luck with whatever you choose.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    +1
    astorrs wrote:
    JDMurray wrote:
    +1

I think there's an affiliate link on here somewhere. I don't remember where it is though.
    dynamik wrote:
    I think there's an affiliate link on here somewhere. I don't remember where it is though.
    I've only noticed them in the Ads by Google.
    Hah! Found it: http://www.techexams.net/mslinks.shtml

I wish Johan would just do the CBT Nuggets magic with "Transcender". He'd make some more money, and it'd save me the trouble of typing out the link icon_lol.gif

Here's the Transcender Affiliate Link by the way.
  • capy_12090capy_12090 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have bought the Transcender practice exam for everything I've taken but Nework+, and it's always been good, with the possible exception of the CCNA practice exam, which was out of scope.

I used the Mike Meyers practice test and voucher when I was getting my Network+. His questions were pretty easy, but I think you get about 500 of them, so they cover all the topics you need, and it was cheaper than Transcender.