Can Someone Explain the Scoring System?

PawNtheSandmanPawNtheSandman Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
I already passed Net+ but the whole scoring system throws me off.

There was 72 questions. The test was scored from 100-900.
I recieved a 754.

Should I just divide 754/900 to get my percentage?

Is each question worth the same value or are certain questions worth more than others?
Currently Studying: CCNA

Comments

• x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have been wondering the samething, The N+ scores that everybody is getting is way higher than the scores of the A+ test. Im assuming Comptia grades this test differently than from A+.

you can try to check their website out. Dont know how much help that is going to be though
    There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Here's something I post a long time ago:
    Webmaster wrote:
    The exam is graded on a scale of 100 - 900. The minimum passing score is 646. If all 72 questions are rated equal, you get 11.1111111 per question (800/72). That would mean you need 49 questions to pass (546/11.11111111), 49 is rougly 68% of the 72 in total.
    Note that the above is only true if all questions are rated equal and they all count towards your total score.... only CompTIA knows if that is the case.

If you scored 754, you score 654 points (you got the 100 free) which means you answered roughly 59 questions correctly (654/11.11111111111) and 59 is about 82 percent of the total of 72 questions.

I agree, 820 would look better than 754, but as you can see you did very well. icon_thumright.gif
  • x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
    oh, wow, there is only 72 questions on this exam? cool
    There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    x_Danny_x wrote:
    oh, wow, there is only 72 questions on this exam? cool

The exams are adaptive, so the better you do the less questions (but more difficulty) there will be.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • jmerljmerl Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Network plus isn't adaptive ... It is standard 72 question.

I don't think all questions are worth the same either. I believe they vary with amount of possible answers and difficulty.
  • TheCiscoKidTheCiscoKid Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I love the disclaimer before the test
    Some of these questions will not be graded and are used so we can add them to a later version of the Networks+ exam.
    I was thinking that's why its 72 questions and not 70? Just my theory.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Comptia exams live in their own realm...be prepared to enter at your own risk of confusion...
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I love the disclaimer before the test
    Some of these questions will not be graded and are used so we can add them to a later version of the Networks+ exam.
    I was thinking that's why its 72 questions and not 70? Just my theory.

I got one of those on the A+. It was thus:

"Is the standard keyboard connector purple or green?"

AAGH!

A lot of what I bump into are old compaqs with an orange plug, or USB mice/kb. That one had me going "oh, crap!" Plus after mulling over much harder questions, this one was toward the end. My brain was oatmeal.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber