Options

Restoring via TSM and Exchange 2007

al riskyal risky Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Post subject: Restoring via TSM and Exchange 2007

HI guys

I got the same problem as ssjaronx4 when trying to mount the RSG after restoring from the TSM client for exchange. Deleted the previous attempt and created another RSG, which I then mounted and set flags to "allow overwrite by retore". This time my restore failed immidiately, with an error

ACN5798E MS Exchange API HRESERESTORECOMPLETE() failed with HRESULT:
0xc7ff1005 - Error returned from a callback function call (0xFFFFFC05) and (0xFFFFFDD9)

This error is referred to in article

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21230811

But i'm dubious about deleting transaction logs from the live environment and i'm also not even sure if you can delete the curent transaction log, as surely it would be in use?

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can do an eseutil /mh "database path" to see what log files are "needed" to mount your database (haven't been written into database). All others should be safe to delete but I'd HIGHLY recommend moving them, not deleting just in case.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    al riskyal risky Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the quick response royal

Got to admit, I'm not familiar with the eseutil commands. Is this just straight from the exchange management shell? Have been using the GUI up to this point
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cmd

Go Google how to use eseutil. There's tons of info.

Make sure you fully understand the eseutil commands you run before you run them. It can be highly destructive depending on which command you do. If this is on a production server, I'd recommend contacting Microsoft Premiere Support Services ($250 per case or free if your server is in a down scenario) prior to proceeding.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks