Options

First Apple Certification Down!

So I passed my first certificate and I take another course starting the 22nd of this month for the server portion.

Getting used to Apple's Menu design is impossible.

Comments

• Options
    steve77uksteve77uk Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    well done, I would love to get to grips more with Apple, but finding if I dig too deep, it takes the magic out of it...

If I lived near an Apple Store, I could quite see myself as a Genius, quite fancy that, but I don't.

I prefer to use Macs, but strangely enough I am doing my MCSE! - there isn't a call for Apple Technicians where I live! icon_sad.gif

All my Windows studying is done at work and on Parallels!
    A+ | Network+ | MCSA 2003 | MCSE 2003 | MCSA: Messaging 2003 | VCP 410

Now need 2008 Enterprise AND Exchange 2010 :cry:
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Windows, Macintosh, Linux...meh. In the end, what's the difference? :p
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    KGhaleon wrote:
    Windows, Macintosh, Linux...meh. In the end, what's the difference? :p

Exactly, AtheOS is where it is at anyways :P

Congrats BTW! What are the Fruit certs like?
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    The first cert wasn't hard at all. It was really the XWindows environment and very little shell stuff. Being that I have never worked with a fruit based computer before it was hard to get me away from the shell and learning to answer questions based on the GUI. The next one down is Server Essentials. I am hoping they stick more in the shell for the server side.
  • Options
    Danny_1983Danny_1983 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done mate! I've been supporting Mac's here in the UK for about 3 months, there is a massive call for them here
  • Options
    If we started a group for Apple Certificates I wouldn't mind passing along my study notes for people here. The Client side was really a breeze, and might help guys looking for a helpdesk job to one up their competition.

Anyone who has passed their linux+ this would be a walk in the park.
  • Options
    Well, I managed to pass the second certification. On to deployment. This training is awesome. Considering we are getting trained from the guy who wrote the book and now works for Apple I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Nice TechJunky keep up the good work!!