CCIE Interviews?

cblm123cblm123 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
I found this on the IE blog...not verified through Cisco...pretty interesting though.

http://blog.internetworkexpert.com/2008/08/28/ccie-lab-interviews/

Comments

• GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I call BS. I will believe it when its on Cisco.com.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    I call BS. I will believe it when its on Cisco.com.

What do you think of the idea in general? It's more work for test takers, but as a lot of the commenters seem to think, that would probably help maintain or even improve the value of the certification.
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    I think its pointless and counter-productive. Written tests can be brain-dumped.. but the lab simply cannot. Sure you can buy IWEB workbooks and other lab materials.. or hell make your own.. but that still isn't technically "dumping" the lab... From what i hear, the CCIE lab (any of them) you either know it, or you don't.. plain and simple. Adding people into the mix asking these questions and "grading" them, that's simply asking for trouble..

This is unverified too (as stated) so I wouldn't believe it until Cisco makes an announcement of it.
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If this happens it will be great.It doesn't surprise me as this seems to be the direction things are going.I dont think anyone who knows the material would have a problem with this.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is at the expert level only, whether they do this or not will only continue to uphold the validity of their certification. I admit that if I ever get to that level, this will be a hassle but it won't take that long. It is like the lab as everyone else says it is, you either know the material or you don't. If you don't, then you don't have any business taking the exams in the first place. Plain and simple.. Its more overhead on Cisco's part. I just wonder whether this will impact the cost of the CCIE exams since they are already pricey to begin with. icon_confused.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It kind of reminds me of the oral exam in front of a panel of experts that the MCA has listed as a requirement. I'm going to second the notion that I'm not buying into it until the announcement comes from Cisco, themselves.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    It kind of reminds me of the oral exam in front of a panel of experts that the MCA has listed as a requirement. I'm going to second the notion that I'm not buying into it until the announcement comes from Cisco, themselves.
    The MCA piece is different, it's an actual defense (like a thesis defense) against 3 (or is it 4 now current MCAs) on a design proposal you have submitted.

To me this 10 minute interview adds little.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Oh I think its a great idea. Anything that makes an exam harder makes it worth more IMO. I just see rumours like this all the time that end up being bogus.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    GT-Rob wrote:
    Oh I think its a great idea. Anything that makes an exam harder makes it worth more IMO. I just see rumours like this all the time that end up being bogus.

+1

Anything to add more credibility to an exam is a great improvement IMO.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • garry scootgarry scoot Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is this interview is for real or a bogus? or is it that someone suggested and going as a said by Cisco??
    Exams Sucks!!! But can't avoid...
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cisco has not confirmed this is going to happen yet, but I like the idea.
    The only easy day was yesterday!