Passed 70-290 with a 780!

airmaster39airmaster39 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yabba-Dabba Do!

I passed the 70-290 with a 780 today! I went in not felling real good about it, but needed to take the test. I about fell out of my chairin shock icon_eek.gif The training center I am going to uses TestOut and the MS Press Book. I had 4 sims not real hard lots of backing up/restore and GPO questions.

I tried using the MeasureUp that comes on the CD with the MS Press book, and I have to say personlay I think it sucks and is overrated! It may work well for some but I have used it three times now. I don't fell it really follows the Microsoft testing format.

I think the TechNotes and practice Exams on this site are Awesome. I had TechNotes in hand looking them over before I took the test. Now I just need to get through the 70-291.

I really thought the 70-270 was harder!

Ken :D

Comments

• DiminutiveDiminutive Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Way to go!
    WIP: Win2008 MCITP Upgrade
  • mikka07mikka07 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Most people here would agree with you about the terrible quality of the MeasureUp exams.

P.S. Don't mention the number of sims, or the amount of questions on a particular topic, as its technically a violation of the NDA.
  • jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations on the pass
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations, and good luck with the Beast!

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yabba-Dabba Do!

I passed the 70-290 with a 780 today! I went in not felling real good about it, but needed to take the test. I about fell out of my chairin shock icon_eek.gif The training center I am going to uses TestOut and the MS Press Book. I had 4 sims not real hard lots of backing up/restore and GPO questions.

I tried using the MeasureUp that comes on the CD with the MS Press book, and I have to say personlay I think it sucks and is overrated! It may work well for some but I have used it three times now. I don't fell it really follows the Microsoft testing format.

I think the TechNotes and practice Exams on this site are Awesome. I had TechNotes in hand looking them over before I took the test. Now I just need to get through the 70-291.

I really thought the 70-270 was harder!

Ken :D

Aha, I wish I had found this before I made my post. I was just wondering if I was the only one that thought that the 270 seemed harder. At least I'm not alone, I guess I'll get ready to test out for the 290 soon.
    Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?
  • TontonsamTontonsam Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    MCP 70-270 / 70-290
  • rooleeroolee Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't get me started on Measure Up! icon_mad.gif

Congrats on the pass!! :D
  • MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Fair play dude!
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job. The 290 was my favorite. :)
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!