Options

Is it just me?

M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
So far the 70-290 seems quite a bit more straightforward and easier than the 70-270. Does anybody else here think so? Or am I just missing something?
Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The 70-290 is pretty straightforward, whereas the 70-270 exam covers Windows XP Pro and how it interacts with Windows Server 2003. I think that may be part of why 70-290 seems "easier", since it covers essentially one operating system.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I'm feeling pretty confident with it so far. So I've scheduled my test for 9/26/08. That should give me enough time to finish up my studying and then some. Depending on how I feel for the Server+ I want to take that the same day...But at the moment, I'm not that comfortable with that material.
    Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?
  • Options
    TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    I found the 270 to be much harder than the 290.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It makes sense if you think about it. There's only one XP exam (excluding other tracks like MCDST), and there's multiple server exams. That's a lot of content to cram into one exam.
  • Options
    MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have to agree, 270 was far harder than 290. When you look at the other 2003 exams, 291 for example, it takes the hardness biscuit right back for 270 icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    270 was arguably the most difficult Microsoft exam I took. 294 may rival it but for different reasons. The 270 is also the only Microsoft exam that made me feel hopeless a few questions in just like the Security+ did. The 290 is the easiest exam I took though, hands down.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    haftap00phaftap00p Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    undomiel wrote:
    The 270 is also the only Microsoft exam that made me feel hopeless a few questions in just like the Security+ did.

That sums it up pretty well. After about 10 questions of the 270, it felt like a black cloud was coming in over top of me. icon_sad.gif And of course I failed it the first trip around.