Taking the test in a few hours

ITjobsGOTuDownITjobsGOTuDown Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I hope I am ready but I am a nervous mess. I used the technotes here and mike Myers Net+ exam book. One of two things will happen today. I will be in a great mood or I just blew 207 bucks.

Any quick words of advice?

Comments

• jmerljmerl Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Take your time, you have plenty ... read each question at least twice ... if you really don't know, go with your gut :)

Good luck !!!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Don't worry too much ;)

If you studied the TechNotes and the Mike Meyers book there is little chance you fail.

Take a deep breath and good luck!
  • dcyphr80dcyphr80 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will be taking the test also in one hour. I'll let you guys know how I do. Try getting a voucher from www.SuperVoucher.com. I'd feel just a TAD bit better if I lost 149 than to lose 200 icon_wink.gif
  • ITjobsGOTuDownITjobsGOTuDown Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PASSED!!!!!

I feel so much better now. I was a little worried b/c I didn't put as much effort into as I could have. Reason being, I actually studied for this test about a year ago and would have most likely been able to pass it then. It was hard motivating myself to study something I already studied. Since I already new most of the information I bought the tech notes from this site, read them twice and review the mike myers book (which I read a year ago). The test was fairly easy if you put in the study time. However, a few scenario questions I still don't understand. There was one in particular that I read over and over again. I am still scratching my head over the wording, etc., I don't think I could have gotten that question correct even if I studied 20 years.

Another thing that shocked me was the amount of DSL questions I got. I didn't even think DSL was something vastly covered by the net+ exam. Good thing I have good general knowledge of DSL modem connectivity b/c I certainly didn't study it in depth for the net+ exam. Then you have your straightforward questions like what port number is this, where does blah blah blah operate at the OSI model.