Options

MS second chance or Ebay voucher

Kind of a tough choice. You pay full price for the MS second shot, but you get just that if you need it.
Ebay voucher, you can easily save $40. For instance, I have worked for many years supporting
4000 users in an XP desktop environment in a Windows and Netware environment, VPN, T/S, imaging/ghost etc. I would have thought that the 70-270 eam would be a breeze. However, practice exams reveal I cannot pass a 70-270 exam! Some of the exam scenarios don't seem to be anything anyone would ever encounter. If I did, I would not take the recommended approach, not even in my wildest dream!
That said, I guess I will go with the second shot, its better to get a free $125 chance, than a hopeful $40 savings.

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The second shot offer can be used with other voucher codes (you enter one then the other).
  • Options
    dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    astorrs wrote:
    The second shot offer can be used with other voucher codes (you enter one then the other).

That means if I have the 15% voucher that comes in the MSpress Books, I can mix it w/ the 2nd shot voucher code? Is it true??
    close to MCSA!!
  • Options
  • Options
    It's good to know....... Thanks Astorrs
    close to MCSA!!
  • Options
    kctxaukctxau Member Posts: 130
    astorrs wrote:

Well, now I am confused. According to MS, the second shot cannot be used with other discounts.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/faq/default.mspx

Q. Can other offers or discounts be combined with the Second Shot offer?
    A. No, the Second Shot offer cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
  • Options
    mmm Interesting........... WELLL THEN?????
    close to MCSA!!
  • Options
    Interesting, this seems to be a change compared to the previous second shot offer (I doubled up a bunch of them back then). I would call Prometric to confirm if you can use exam vouchers along with the secondshot code - I never failed one so it's possible that one just overwrote the other (the second shot ones never gave any indication they worked for anyone - you had to call and confirm).
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    astorrs wrote:
    I never failed one so it's possible that one just overwrote the other (the second shot ones never gave any indication they worked for anyone - you had to call and confirm).

I could definitely see that happening icon_lol.gif

Everything I've seen says you can't use the second shot with anything else.
  • Options
    Just confirmed with someone I know in ACE at Microsoft Learning, and she says I just got lucky.

So please do not listen to anything I previously said, I know nothing.

Now, she says: the secondshot offer cannot be combined with any MSPress discount voucher, MCT discount, corporate voucher, partner skills plus, prepaid voucher, or any other type of voucher/promo code.

The only quasi-exception to this is the currently discounted (because they are retiring) SQL & Developer exams. Since they are already discounted in Prometric's system (by 40%) you can combine them with the secondshot offer.

Sorry icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    Thanks AStorss................................
    close to MCSA!!