Options

RIP, RIP 2, IGRP, EIGRP

x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
I only saw that RIP was mention on the technotes, nothing more about the others. Im assuming this stuff about how routers update their tables arent very important to know on the test?
There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You need to know what they are, not how they operate or how they are implemented.
  • Options
    x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
    gotcha, thanks. This is going to save alot of time :D

you mean what the each letter stands for correct?
    There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    No, I mean that you should probably know that RIP and OSPF are routing protocols ( and IGRP and EIGRP but they are Cisco proprietary protocols.) and, hence, that they are used to exchange routes between routers.

I have no idea if anything like this will turn up on the exam (I wouldn't tell ya if I knew ;)) but you might want to know the difference between routed and routing protocols, and which routed protocols are supported by which routing protocols. Most of that info is in the TechNotes...
  • Options
    dcyphr80dcyphr80 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There was nothing in reference to IGRP and EIGRP in my Net+ exam nor in my material so I don't think it will come up on the test.

But I did see RIP and OSPF. For the N+ Test all you need to know is pretty much what they are and not specifics on how to implement them.