Options

Knocked out that Net+ Test today.

dcyphr80dcyphr80 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got a 726!!

Not bad to me :) I used the Sybex Net+ third edition book, The free Technotes from this site, Transcender Net+ and Crammaster practice exams.

There were alot more straightforward questions than I expected which was a good thing, But then they hit me with about 4 DSL questions which had me scratchin my head. But they did Give me a freebie. I had a picture questions of a physical topology and they asked me what topology was it. Man I was hoping for some more questions like that but I only got one icon_wink.gif

For those about to take the test its 72 questions in 90 minutes with a min of 646 to pass.

It looks like Security+ will be next then its off to continue the Microsoft Certification route.

Comments

• Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Excellent J_O_B!
  • Options
    ITjobsGOTuDownITjobsGOTuDown Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!

I also passed net+ today. Amazing you brought up the DSL questions. I also had a lot of DSL questions. Which shocked me. Didn't know it was a major part of the net+
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the new cert!--to both of you!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
  • Options
    GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Congratz.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • Options
    orissaorissa Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

I got same as you 726 in July.

Thanks

orissa
    Nothing is impossible in this IT world.
  • Options
    dcyphr80dcyphr80 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Some of the topics that I recall seeing a multiple qestions on MY test were:

- Topologies: Make sure know the media that are used in the topologies including the connectors. I may have seen 2 "name the picture" questions that dealt with cable connectors. And I saw one GOOD name the picture question that dealt with a topology (that was my freebie icon_wink.gif ) I must say that question kind of shocked me, but I was hoping for more hehe.

- Make sure you know the Main IEEE Network standards: 802.2, .3, .5, .8, .11. I don't recall seeing any questions that dealt with any of the standards besides those.

- Make sure you know what devices and protocols operate at which layer. I don't recall them asking me to define any of the OSI layers (don't rule it out), but they did hit me with quite a few questions about which protocols and devices operated at different layers.

- Ports Ports Ports. I may have gotten a good 6 questions on ports including a drag and drop question. Make sure you know those.

- I got a couple of questions on defining different application protocols like FTP, POP, SMTP, etc.

- The TCP/IP utilities. Make sure you know those and most of the main switches if not all. I got a good 4 picture questions or maybe more on the different switches That dealt with Arp, Netstat, Ping, etc.

- Know the functions of networking components like Hubs, switches, bridges, etc.

- Again make sure you know your connectors.

- I got hit with a question or two on UART.

- Know the benefits of using different Remost Access Connection Methods like PSTN, ISDN, main T-series connections, FDDI, etc. (My book didn't cover oo much of DSL or at least not what they asked and I got a good 3-4 questions on DSL so if you can somehow find more NET+ Info on DSL it may help you)

- MAKE sure you know the remote access protocols. I got hit with quite a few questions there. SLIP, PPP, PPTP, IPSec, etc. Also know the functions of NAT, Proxy servers, and Firewalls.

- I also got hit with a couple of questions on Clustering, the MAIN object of RAID levels, and different types of backup.

- Lastly you just have to combine your logic for the troubleshooting questions, make sure you know what DNS, DHCP, HOSTS, and all that other stuff is. They may hit you with a couple of AppleTalk and NetWare questions as well. I might have only gotten one or 2 questions that dealt with Netbios but don't rule it out because your test may be the unlucky test where they hit you with alot of Netbios questions.

Well I hope this all helps :)
  • Options
    amystriamystri Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice feedback, thanks much!!! icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    DisleyDisley Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I didnt feel like i got many freebies when i did it, i had about 30 questions marked to go over again after i had got to the end of the exam. I got a 766 so did okay, but was hit with a lot of questions i didnt remember studying.

I got quite a lot of DSL questions as well incidentally, but i think i probably did okay on them