Options

Passed 70-294 today

harristsharrists Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed 70-294 today, use MS Press book and Exam Cram 2. Exam is not so difficult. Now only 70-298 left for MCSE2003 Security :D

Comments

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats, so you did 293 and 294 on the same day?

You seem to be knocking these out very fast, do you have a lot of experience with Server 2003?

Good job, good luck on the 298 :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass!

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wicked cool man. Wish I had an NT4 mcse too... grats.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    bertieb wrote:
    Congrats, so you did 293 and 294 on the same day?

You seem to be knocking these out very fast, do you have a lot of experience with Server 2003?

Good job, good luck on the 298 :)

Thanks bertieb, yes I did have experience on NT4 and expecially on Server 2003, because I'm the only IT guy in my office (medium size around 100 users) and mainly using Server 2003, so I almost need to find as many resources as I can through Google. I think IT job in Hong Kong is very hard, many medium size Hong Kong company (around 100 users) they only hire one IT staff to handling every IT work, including network, security, database, helpdesk support, it documentation, administration work, etc with just ok salary and benefit. I don't know if US and Europe also like that or not?
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good job and congradulations!

Yes, sadly it's like that here in the States too.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats.

What study material are you using?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Mishra wrote:
    Congrats.

What study material are you using?

I use the MS Press Study Guide book and Exam Cram 2
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats harrists!

......And yeah, were did that rant come from??? Gotta love them random rants. :D
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ......And yeah, were did that rant come from??? Gotta love them random rants. :D

I think it was in response to his second post: http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=255057#255057

That's all I could figure out. We may have more negatives than other occupations, in some respects, but I think we also have a lot more positives that outweigh those negatives.

Congrats to the OP!
  • Options
    mattiplermattipler Member Posts: 175
    Oh yeah... good show Harrists! Congratulations!!!! :) Sorry to open up the "western front" within your post. Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly debate.
    Matt of England
  • Options
    bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    mattipler wrote:
    Oh yeah... good show Harrists! Congratulations!!!! :) Sorry to open up the "western front" within your post. Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly debate.

I think mostly everyone feels the way you do a time or two - under utiliized, underpaid, under appreciated, etc...

Your right, I dont' think the average person, realizes what an "IT" person does to be succesful in our career paths, but they sure need us when **** hits the fan...
    "You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"
  • Options
    mattiplermattipler Member Posts: 175
    BRAVO Bjaxx... Bravo!
    Matt of England
  • Options
    As most of the others on this forum, I have definite opinions on the value of certs, the value of IT people, and the state of the industry, as well as on the general philosophy of "bleeding edge" careers that require you to stay on top of new information as it comes out. However, in leau of continuing the debate, I think I'll just say this:

As a common courtesy, It hink it's best that we save our rants for dedicated posts in the Off-Topic, General Certifiation, or IT Jobs / Degrees forums, depending on what the post relates to. Hijacking someone's "I passed" thread is a little off-putting, both to the original poster and to the rest of us who want to congratulate him/her. Creating a dedicated rant-posting will allow people to look at it if they want, but won't force someone who just wants to share some good news and feel good about passing an exam to jump into a debate on the "politics of IT". Not a criticism, persay, but I think it would be a good policy for us to follow in order to stay friends (and professional) on the forum, while preserving the good-natured and high-spirited fun we all like to have when we're here.

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    As most of the others on this forum, I have definite opinions on the value of certs, the value of IT people, and the state of the industry, as well as on the general philosophy of "bleeding edge" careers that require you to stay on top of new information as it comes out. However, in leau of continuing the debate, I think I'll just say this:

As a common courtesy, It hink it's best that we save our rants for dedicated posts in the Off-Topic, General Certifiation, or IT Jobs / Degrees forums, depending on what the post relates to. Hijacking someone's "I passed" thread is a little off-putting, both to the original poster and to the rest of us who want to congratulate him/her. Creating a dedicated rant-posting will allow people to look at it if they want, but won't force someone who just wants to share some good news and feel good about passing an exam to jump into a debate on the "politics of IT". Not a criticism, persay, but I think it would be a good policy for us to follow in order to stay friends (and professional) on the forum, while preserving the good-natured and high-spirited fun we all like to have when we're here.

Once again thank you Slowhand for a well thought out and well spoken post. I should have noticed the detour earlier and used my Moderator Magic Mouse to do something about it. So I have split off the hijacked portion and placed it, along with most replies, here:

icon_arrow.gifmattipler's rant

So if anyone is newly reading this post and wonders where some of the comments stemmed from that seem a little out of place, go read and post your thoughts there. icon_cool.gif

And last but not least, I realized i forgot to offer a sincere congratulations to harrists. Good job on the pass harrists! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Slowhand wrote:

So, kind of like how you should have put this in Suggestions / Comments?

That's right, I went there! ;)
  • Options
    sprkymrk, not a problem. You know me, I like to ramble. dynamik, remind me to kill you. icon_lol.gif
    And, once again, congrats on the pass, harrists! :D