Policy Change to Payment for CCIE Labs

garry scootgarry scoot Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Payment in full is due 90 days (calendar) prior to your lab date. Payment must be received to confirm your date. After 90 days refunds will not be available for canceled lab dates.

Does this mean a rescheduling has a 3 mo gap?
Exams Sucks!!! But can't avoid...

Comments

• GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I 'think' the gap of available dates will move to 3 months. Maybe not as open as it is now with the 28 days, but I imagine it will be easier anyway.

I think the farther dates will be pushed back even more though. For example, with the 28days it was about 4-6months booked afterwards, I see that being more like 6-9 now (with the next 90 being open).
    I 'think' the gap of available dates will move to 3 months. Maybe not as open as it is now with the 28 days, but I imagine it will be easier anyway.

I think the farther dates will be pushed back even more though. For example, with the 28days it was about 4-6months booked afterwards, I see that being more like 6-9 now (with the next 90 being open).
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My understanding is once you have paid for the lab it cannot be rescheduled.

I agree with GT-Rob that it will now end up with the "cancellation" gap bing the next 90 days instead of the next 28 days.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • garry scootgarry scoot Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hmmm Tx for the infor:
    DT: If I pay early I can still reschedule/cancel though correct? Its just as soon as I have a date scheduled within 90 days, I am locked in?
  • damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    from "personal experience"

if you scheduled a date before september 6

you still have the 28 day deadline to pay for it.

however

if you change that date after september 6

you are now subject to the 90 day deadline.

if you change the date after september 6
    but outside of 90 days before the date
    then you have the freedom to change again
    until the 90 day deadline.

even if you enter your credit card, from what
    i understand, you're not charged until your due
    date.
    I re-read the statement and the lab cancellation policy you agree to when you schedule, and it seems once you pay for it you cannot change the date.

EDIT:
    cisco.com wrote:

Lab Exam: Rescheduling, Canceling and Postponing
    Prior to Due Date. Cancellations or changes to the exam date, location, or track must be made prior to the payment due date--90 days before the scheduled lab date. To make any changes, you must log into the Lab Scheduling tool and drop your current lab. Then you can reschedule according to preferred date, location and track. You may book an exam for a date less than 90 days away, if you complete payment on the day you book the exam.

If you need to cancel an exam before the due date, and paid via a wire transfer that has already cleared, you are eligible for a full refund by requesting support via the Certifications Online Support tool.

After Due Date. Changes and cancellations are not permitted after the payment due date--90 days prior to the scheduled lab date--and no refunds will be issued. If you are not able to attend your scheduled lab date, contact support to let them know the lab seat will not be used. You will still forfeit your payment, but you will be allowed to book another exam date immediately. If you do not contact support, you will be marked as a "no show" for the exam and be barred from booking another exam for 30 days.

Candidates Requiring Visas. If you require a visa to attend your lab exam, it is strongly recommended you apply 10-12 weeks before your lab date. Candidates who fail to obtain required visas will still be bound by these cancellation policies and must cancel their lab exam before the payment due date to be eligible for a full refund. For more information in requesting a CCIE Invitation Letter, please visit our CCIE: Invitation Letter (Entrance Visa) Instant Answer.

Seems pretty clear
  • VictoriousVictorious Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How much does the lab exam for CCIE cost?
    Victorious
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Victorious wrote:

(1400 USD + your travel and accommodation costs) * your number of attempts + lab/rack rental costs + books/workbook costs
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote:
    Victorious wrote:

(1400 USD + your travel and accommodation costs) * your number of attempts + lab/rack rental costs + books/workbook costs

You forgot lost wages due to studying icon_eek.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dtlokee wrote:
    mikej412 wrote:
    Victorious wrote:

Divorce? Alimony? Child support?
    dynamik wrote:
    dtlokee wrote:
    mikej412 wrote:
    Victorious wrote:

Divorce? Alimony? Child support?

Too many attempts and that could become a reality
  • garry scootgarry scoot Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ha ha... This post has got a fine touch to it....
    Too many attempts and that could become a reality

I still can't stop laughing for this....

Seriously thinking... This is true...

If I calculate the amount of money spent so far for books, courses, exams, it si taking fine share out of my family spending...

and bit far more to go with written and labs. wonder where I end up with that statement ...

ha ha i am still LOL ...
    Garry, I suggest NOT adding it all up, as you may not like the number you get lol