Options

A+ michael meyers 5th edition

Darian929Darian929 Member Posts: 197
hello I have the michael meyers A+ book 5th edition but it says this book is to prepair you for the 2003 comptia exam. So I wanna know If the the comptia has a new version of the exam or I am ok with the 5th edition or would I need to buy the 6th edition

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Darian929 wrote:
    hello I have the michael meyers A+ book 5th edition but it says this book is to prepair you for the 2003 comptia exam. So I wanna know If the the comptia has a new version of the exam or I am ok with the 5th edition or would I need to buy the 6th edition

Depends.

How much of this material do you actually work with day in and day out?

You'll want to download the objectives form CompTIA and follow through the topics on those. You'll likely want a second resource so consider getting the Sybex book and between the two books and the objectives you'll likely be fine.....though the real factor that cannot be measured is how well you know material.

But yes, I think you'll be fine with an older book, so long as you do the rest of the research to make up for the newer items that have been added. FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Yea ill do that... ill keep studying the 5th edition michael meyers and besides study on some pdf books that I have and reread some section from the michael meyers book on the pdf books that are newer. Yea Money is tight these days lol. Well I just know regular pc stuff Ive learned quite a bit off the book but never thought that you would be expected to know what the major upgrade from pentium to pentium pro or pentium 2 was. Was thinking more simple stuff... and to remember all of those things is a new thing for me. Just like rams... difference between SDRAM and DRAM and RDRAM .... so many things lol ill get used to it and reread it a couple of times. Any book thats smaller than one of these big ones thats good for reviewing over..? like for taking to school so i wouldn't have to take that big michael meyers book?
  • Options
    TechBoy22TechBoy22 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mike myers has a 6th edition out. I have it to study. CompTia has also added new material to the exam. Youre better off getting this edition as it is the most updated.
    Michael

Dreams are made up of small ideas with BIG pictures. Focus is the key that unlocks the door to success.
  • Options
    anyone tried the COMPTIA A+ all in one complete guide? it looks good.