CWxx certs

Are the CWxx, the wireless certs, becoming desirable/ in demand?

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I have never seen anyone asking for them, even when I worked for a VoWiFi company the only certifications anyone had were Cisco. Most of the people that worked there never heard of the CWNP program.

A nation wide job search on Monster brings up a few hundred jobs asking for one of the CWNP certifications.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • rbutturinirbutturini Member Posts: 123
    I took the CWNA and CWSP exams and passed them both. I'm not sure a vendor-neutral understanding of wireless is really useful to a lot of employers; Most want experience on their specific gear. Plus, some of the dealings with CWNP/Planet3 wireless point to some shady activity on their part. If you want to learn wireless then that's great, but this is a big investment for something that may not help you out a lot.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    These certifications also teach fundamentals that would otherwise not be taught. Its worth knowing, but decide where the value is most and then go that route first.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    rbutturini wrote:
    Plus, some of the dealings with CWNP/Planet3 wireless point to some shady activity on their part.
    Do you have any definitive reference or personal experiences of this, or is it just vague and baseless allegations that you offer?
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I don't know what to think of these certs either. They were well timed for the industry... but that is all I know. Lets look at the cold hard numbers!

Dice.com search
    CWNA - 16 hits
    CWSP - 1 hits

monster.com
    CWNA - 15 hits
    CWSP - 2 hits

I would say that is low.
    -Daniel