Options

Some 293, 294, 298, 299 questions

kerbydoggkerbydogg Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all I'm new to the site!

I just took 291 yesterday and 290 last week. (I almost epic failed 291...)

What would be the most logical and easiest order to take the following tests.

70-293,294,298,299

I can't decide if i should jump to security now or just finish the core.

In order to finish the rest of the MCSE: Security I still need to take Vista client and probably the CompTIA Security+. But saving thos for last cuz it's prolly easier. :D

This site is awesome by the way and I'm glad i signed up!!!!!!
WIP: can't decide.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Do 70-293 as soon as possible while the information you just studied is fresh in your mind. A lot of the infrastructure topics from 70-291 will be familiar on this exam, and it's an excellent lead-in to the security topics in 70-298 and 70-299. (Save the 70-294 for last, that's the route I'm going.)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Ok sweet.

I just started reading MS Press book for 293 and your right. Looks like there's a lot of repeat stuff here.

Didn't think of doing 294 last but that sounds like a plan!

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    298 and 299 have a lot of group policy, so you should be well-versed in that. If you're not, you should really take 294 before 298 and 299. Also, you can prepare for 298 and 299 simultaneously and take them both in one sitting. 299 is only about 30 questions, and the material is almost identical between the two.

Also, you're going to want to use the Syngress book for this one. The MS Press book will be a nice introduction for you, but it's not going to adequately prepare you for the exam.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    299 is only about 30 questions, and the material is almost identical between the two.

woot!

dynamik wrote:
    Also, you're going to want to use the Syngress book for this one. The MS Press book will be a nice introduction for you, but it's not going to adequately prepare you for the exam.

for which exam?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    DiminutiveDiminutive Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I went in numerical order cause I am a sheep! baah! (well cept for 620 first)
    WIP: Win2008 MCITP Upgrade
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    293->294->298 seems like a good idea as others have recommended. A lot of the group policy stuff from the 294 was useful for me when I took the 298, though I took them both on the same day. The 298 is kind of a review of all the core exams in my opinion.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/