RAM

TechBoy22TechBoy22 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey, I was wondering...How come there isnt any technotes on RAM? The reason I ask is because Im having a little trouble understanding the different types a little bit. Ive been trying to study, but it seems that my mind is a bit on overdrive this week with work and school. Im not sure if its that, or frustration or if I just need to read over and over to understand them. Anyways, i was just curious.
Michael

Dreams are made up of small ideas with BIG pictures. Focus is the key that unlocks the door to success.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wikipedia is always good for an overview: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAM

See the "types" list on the right.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    TechBoy22 wrote:
    Hey, I was wondering...How come there isnt any technotes on RAM? The reason I ask is because Im having a little trouble understanding the different types a little bit. Ive been trying to study, but it seems that my mind is a bit on overdrive this week with work and school. Im not sure if its that, or frustration or if I just need to read over and over to understand them. Anyways, i was just curious.

It helps to work with RAM.

Perhaps try to research several different ERA of Motherboards and research the type of ram they support. Crucial will show you the ram that is appropriate for each board.

Otherwise,
    What of RAM is unclear? Types? Speed? look?

Depending on how indepth you'd like to learn it, there are several good sources already on the market.
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/99575/Pentium-Memory-Hierarchy-by-Indranil-Nandy-IIT-KGP
    Even the Meyers and Sybex books should be very clear for A+ understanding.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    Just take it one RAM type at a time... learn and understand it, then move on to the next type.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics