4 Test In Four Weeks!

Good stuff. So my boss finally found a legitimate boot camp to attend, at the end of October. As I absolutely can not allow him to reach MCITP:EA before me (he has an mcse on NT4 for goodness sake), this is the schedule as follows (see sig). I am not tremendously worried about the mcse exams, as I am feeling pretty comfortable with 2003. My 2008 knowledge, however, is scant. I will be setting up a vm lab and watching lots of cbt and trainsignal vids on 2008. My study plan on all of these is read the book, run through transcender, murder the test. I think the boss is trying to load the deck though. Just today he assigned me two tickets that are going to be silly time-consuming.

Wish me luck!

John Nickle

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint

Comments

• mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think that determination can be absolutely empowering enough to overcome all odds. icon_cool.gif
  • cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    First one down!

passed 294 this morning with a 784.

This test was tricky. I would definitely say it was the easiest of the core exams, but also by far offered the most obfuscated questions. My advice for anyone taking this one would be to focus not just on the material, but maybe also a quick review of test-taking strategies as well, which will probably also help for the design exam.

Ok, 75% done with the 297 book, and downloading the trancender as we speak!

Peace

John

• kerbydoggkerbydogg Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice good luck!

I'm on the non stop certification express train as well.

YOU CAN DO IT!
    WIP: can't decide.
    W00T!

i passed the 297 this morning, and then followed it up with a pass on the 649 upgrade. I got a 721 on the 297, and what appears to be an 850, 812, and 820 on the 649. Thread coming shortly on the 649.

One more to go!

http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=266153#266153 thread on 649

complete!

I finished the 647 today with a score of 841. I will have a thread in the 2008 forums about it. I also decided to take the 285 on a lark, and failed with a 640. Stupid exchange 5.5

Anyway, its been alot of fun, and i have reached the cert before my boss, which was the most important thing. I think next i will move onto the MCITP messaging. That looks fun, and will force me to learn powershell.

thanks everyone for paying attention, and encouraging. This forum is a most excellent place.

John

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on all four passes, as well as completing your goal in the time you wanted. Good luck with those Exchange 2007 studies.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow, congrats! Now that's definitely determination at its best! :D