It was surprisingly easy...

1. Radio Frequencies Technologies 100%
2. 802.11 Regulations and Standards 80% <--- ::doh!:: icon_eek.gif
3. 802.11 Protocols and Devices 100%
4. 802.11 Network Implementation 100%
5. 802.11 Network Security 100%
6. 802.11 RF Site Surveying 100%

All in all 97% overall. :D

I used a used Sybex book (copyright 2006) and study materials and practice tests. All in all, using the Sybex book alone I probably would have scored about an 80-85%. Life experience also helped, as the three years of configuration and testing evaluation of various SOHO wireless technologies paid off here...

Next is the CWSP. Anyone know what is the best study guide for the CWSP?

EDIT: Spelling, grammar, filtered link(which is not on certguard's "braindumps" list)

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□

(Most were demos like the xx xxxx xxxxx.com one)

Next is the CWSP. Anyone know what is the best study guide for the CWSP?

Why don't you try xx xxxx xxxxx.com that **** seemed to work well for you on this exam.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    better cleanup the study habits or be prepared to loose your certs buddy!
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not all online practice exams are brain ****, i.e. http://www.techexams.net/cwnp_exams.shtml ...

It's good to warn about brain ****, they degrade the value of certifications. If he read through the entire sybex book and really understood the technologies, then good for him. The percentages are rather high, I do admit. some people do better on exams than others regardless of how much they study. either they retain the information better or are just better test takers in general. it happens. its his first post in two and a half years almost, why not give him the benefit of the doubt?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    TE doesn't filter legitimate resources...

Whether he intentionally cheated or unknowingly used that resource, it still takes away from the accomplishment.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    TE doesn't filter legitimate resources...

Whether he intentionally cheated or unknowingly used that resource, it still takes away from the accomplishment.

I had no idea that was filtered. Good to know. icon_eek.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, that's what the: xx xxxx xxxxx.com is. TE replaced whatever site he actually posted with that so the **** doesn't get more exposure.

The only time I've seen legitimate resources get filtered is when they're hosted on a 3rd-party location like bl0gspot (most likely filtered because of spam).
  • limitlessouljahlimitlessouljah Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Brain ****?

Since when are practice exams brain ****?

I used the tech exams prac exam. I also used the Sybex book CD exams and etc. I know the material. Why the hell am I being accused of cheating? You can lose a cert by using tech exams prac exams? so why are they up?

Please let me know. Because I'm not Bill Belicheck-I didn't ****.

And if prac exams are considered cheating, then why does this site offer them?

Seriously.

I am confused. Please help me understand what is wrong.

And for the record tech exams doesn't have cwsp prac exam. So I am just curious if there is a better book that the CWSP planet3 book.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Brain ****?

http://www.certguard.com/search.asp

when these guys say so...
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    snadam wrote:
    Brain ****?

http://www.certguard.com/search.asp

when these guys say so...

Good information to have. Thank you. I'm in the clear, trust me, I checked. I don't know why the link got filtered but no worries. When I meant practice exams, I meant legitimate ones, but this certguard link should get more publicity. Again, it's good information to have.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I'd like to point out that not everything squawked by TE's filter is a braindump or a **** site. There are also words, phrases, and URLs associated with "adult material," Malware, and a variety of illegal things that are xxxxx'ed-out too. If you believe that a legitimate resource is being unnecessarily censored by the filter, please contact Webmaster or myself and we'll have a look at it.

And congratz on the "pass." The people at the CWNP actively screen their exam results for possible cheating. If you are able to keep your CWNA cert after having your exam vetted by the CWNP then that's good enough for me.
    JDMurray wrote:
    I'd like to point out that not everything squawked by TE's filter is a braindump or a **** site. There are also words, phrases, and URLs associated with "adult material," Malware, and a variety of illegal things that are xxxxx'ed-out too. If you believe that a legitimate resource is being unnecessarily censored by the filter, please contact Webmaster or myself and we'll have a look at it.

And congratz on the "pass." The people at the CWNP actively screen their exam results for possible cheating. If you are able to keep your CWNA cert after having your exam vetted by the CWNP then that's good enough for me.

Thank you. Like I stated in my first post, I have three years experience with wireless network technologies, ranging from BT all the way up to Enterprise Encryption overlay solutions and such.

I will say I thought it was odd that unlike the COMPTIA certs I have, there was no demographic information taken from me before or after the exam. Besides, if the CWNP people do a follow up much like the ISC sq., then they would understand why I scored so high. The hardest material on the exam was the standards stuff, only because I guess some of the standards questions covered on the exam were not covered as in depth in my Sybex book or the study materials that came with it.
    JDMurray wrote:

Two days ago I got my CWNP ID!!!! Has anyone heard if Sybex is coming out with a CWSP book?
    I haven't been able to locate a "New and Upcoming Releases" link on the Sybex site, so I sent them an email asking about a new CWSP book they might have in the works. If they are planning a CWSP book, it won't be out anytime soon.

Top Technical Certification Study Guides for IT Professionals from Sybex
    I just got a reply from Sybex; their CWSP Study guide has a planned release date of July 2009.