Passed A+ Core this morning! 725

REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
On to IT Tech in 2 weeks. Then MCP, and MCSA. I'll finally be where I want to be with my certs.

I really didn't know what to expect from this one, since I took Net+ first. Net+ was definately harder.

Comments

• DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    REID8968 wrote:
    On to IT Tech in 2 weeks. Then MCP, and MCSA. I'll finally be where I want to be with my certs.

I really didn't know what to expect from this one, since I took Net+ first. Net+ was definitely harder.

good one how did you get ready for this one? how did you study ?
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    Congrats on your pass... and your score.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have my network+ and want to go back for my A+. I'll be taking the core soon. Any advice ?
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used PrepLogic and MeasureUp online practice tests. Plus I have the CompTia book for A+. I find that MeasureUp does a great job with explanations on specific answers, but PrepLogic's questions are harder.

So, I use them both. When I'm clearly passing both with 90%, it's test time! So, I read the book, take the tests, take notes, and make sure I understand the concepts. The LAST thing I do, is make sure I'm up on cable specs, RAM, Sockets, etc. Ya know, the stuff that you kind of have to memorize.

For me, Net+ was a lot more work to get ready to take than A+.

Best of luck!
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

I'm assuming you know you can use your Network+ and A+ as an elective for your MCSA.... So you basically have 1/4 of your MCSA complete already. Good luck with the rest of your studies.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/partners.mspx

http://certification.comptia.org/mcsa/default.aspx
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yup, I know A+ and Net+ get me part way to MCSA. That's why I decided to do A+. Just seemed like a logical step.
  • TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    Congrats! Good luck on your Microsoft studies!