9 days later, got my certificate in the mail.. =-)

amystriamystri Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Not bad Comptia, 9 days after passing the last test, the Certificate and ID card comes in the mail. :D

Thumbs up!!!

Comments

• rx506rx506 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is Id CARD?because I just passed it today,so I want to know
  • TheCiscoKidTheCiscoKid Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You get a packet from CompTIA and it has the cert itself and some other BS and a card attched to a piece of letter board. You peel the card off. It just has your "CompTIA Career ID" number and name on it as well as the name of the cert.

I am wondering however , I have my Net+ and I just passed A+ core and I am sitting for the A+ OS in a week or so, when I pass and get my second CompTIA cert, will the card I get for A+ have the same number as my Net+, just with with A+ certified on it?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359

I am wondering however , I have my Net+ and I just passed A+ core and I am sitting for the A+ OS in a week or so, when I pass and get my second CompTIA cert, will the card I get for A+ have the same number as my Net+, just with with A+ certified on it?

I may be wrong, but I think it's the same number, just with A+ on it. I actually lost my cards, due the incredibally cheapo material they are made of. What really matters is your transcript, which you can choose to share with who you want.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
    Ricka182 wrote:

I may be wrong, but I think it's the same number, just with A+ on it. I actually lost my cards, due the incredibally cheapo material they are made of. What really matters is your transcript, which you can choose to share with who you want.

I got my A+ years ago(B4 it even have a "+" next to it....jk). When I passed my Net+ last Feb. the numbers on the cards were different. I contacted CompTIA about it and they said: "Don't worry, be happy". It seems that it all ties in with each other even if the cards have different numbers on them. When you check CompTIA's site with your ID, all the the CompTIA certs you have taken show up & you can even have it sent to an employer as proof that you've passed.

Ricka182, you're right about the cards being made of "incredibally cheapo material" unless they've changed since then.
    Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
    - Master Yoda
  • porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    CompTIA gives you a really impressive plastic card, but only when you become a paid member.
    I actually found the remnants of my cards. I call them remnants because they were left in my wallet, which was left in a snowbank for a couple of months(that totally sucked). Anyway, the numbers on mine are the same. But, either way, if you want the cards to last, without paying for them, you get a laminating sheet at any office store.
  • jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
    porengo wrote:
    CompTIA gives you a really impressive plastic card, but only when you become a paid member.

I paid for the exam! That should be enough. When I got my MCP, Microsoft sent me an "impressive plastic card" without having to pay more for it! In general, CompTIA exams are more expensive MS exams. Why can't they send you something "impressive" for free?
    Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
    - Master Yoda
    They want you to become a "Comptia Professional Member". It costs around $99, but I get coupons for $59 sometimes too. I've looked into it before, and I just don't see enough benefits to warrant spending more money on something I won't need right now. Maybe a few years later, when I'm making more money, but I have a school loan, and two credit cards to work on, so I don't need to be a pro member.