Options

Pass both exam

rx506rx506 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took core exam on jul,26. and I passed.Today I take os exam ,and passed too!so happy,now I wll be a+ certification.but I want to know where can I find some employment information related to a+ technician.Thank you very much! :D

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Congrats!!

If you're just looking for a job with A+, try Monster.com, or Careerbuilder.com, Hotjobs.com, Dice.com...there are a bunch of different sites that have job listings. If you just want more info on the cert, check Comptias site.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
  • Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Congrats on certifying! And good luck on your job search. But don't stop now, start planning on your next certification.
  • Options
    which certificate is useful for looking for a job,can you give me more information.thank you!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations on becoming A+ certified!

If you don't have much experience with IT work, a good certification to work on next in Network+. Like A+, it's an entry-level exam, but in studying for it, you gain a very good basic knowledge of networking. And, if you're going very far in IT, you can't avoid networking.

Then you have the Microsoft certs for MCP. These are certifications regarding working with Microsoft OSs--something you'll never avoid either! If you have some networking experience already, you would probably go for one of these certs.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I would say after A+ / Net+, you could go for MCDST . It's two exams, and relatively easy, as long you know Windows XP well. That may help get an entry-level helpdesk / tech support position, in which you could further your education, and experience.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    how many exams on mcp?thank you!
  • Options
    mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    rx506 wrote:
    how many exams on mcp?thank you!

Only takes 1 (qualified) Microsoft exam.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/requirements.asp