70-649 passed, how i prepared.

hidde_phidde_p Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yes, I passed 70-649 last friday. It was easier than I expected. ( 920 points)

I expecte a lower score, but probably I was lucky on some of the question that I had to guess.
( no sims in the exam )

I prepared using the book from Syngress (the real MCTS/MCITP), and practising a lot with 3 vm ware machines. I had been reading about 2008 already, and played around with vm's running 2008. Then I took 3 days off to prepare for the exam.

Lots of questions regarding Terminal Services, and VPN/RRAS.

Also, try to learn about WSUS on Windows 2008 and using Network Monitor.

This is really a "transition" exam, and studying for this, gave me a good introduction to Windows 2008. I guess the " professional series exam" will be a lot harder. Next exam will be 70-646 I guess, because that will make me MCITP.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations!

I'd like to knock this one out before the end of the year; thanks for the review.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • preecypreecy Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass ;)
    hidde_p wrote:
    Next exam will be 70-646 I guess, because that will make me MCITP.
    Dont you mean 70-647? I keep promising myself i will start studying for this but im struggling to find any motivation. I just wish there was some 2008 cbt material out as i cant face slogging it with only a book or two as i did with 70-649.
    next up SharePoint... what's that all about!
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Congrats and Welcome!
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    Congrats on the pass! Would you recommend the Syngress book? It has mixed reviews on amazon.
  • dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    Congrats

I have a couple of other exams I want to complete and then looking to take this in the new year, the syngress book is sat on my desk waiting and I have pre-built a 2008 base VM machine ready.

CBT look to be releasing some videos for the MCTS exams shortly so might purchase them also
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP