Options

Any Idea why this would happen?

DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
In some forums I go to they work perfectly like this one!!

But other ones when I go on a thread it comes up with the first post and then the other posts look like this and you need to click to access them....
EXAMPLE:

Posts in this topic
Incidental Free Online A+ Training Video's Aug 15 2008, 01:36 PM
James Thanks for the compliments on the new design. Th... Aug 15 2008, 02:02 PM
Incidental Hi James I just tried and WebSchool already has i... Aug 15 2008, 02:16 PM
JayUK20 This site is fantastic, really a great resource, I... Sep 13 2008, 03:43 AM
brotherbill QUOTE(Incidental @ Aug 15 2008, 05:16 PM)... Sep 13 2008, 06:40 AM

then If I use a Proxy/hide my IP Site to go to the same thread it works normally as it should do.

any one had this before? how could I solve it? icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why don't you ask this question in the forum you are having problems with?? What you are describing sounds like you need to change your personal settings within the forum you are visiting.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
    DoubleD wrote:

But other ones when I go on a thread it comes up with the first post and then the other posts look like this and you need to click to access them....
    EXAMPLE:

Posts in this topic
    Incidental Hi James I just tried and WebSchool already has i... Aug 15 2008, 02:16 PM
    JayUK20 This site is fantastic, really a great resource, I... Sep 13 2008, 03:43 AM

then If I use a Proxy/hide my IP Site to go to the same thread it works normally as it should do.

It all depends on the proxy server settings period. Some proxies are configured to minimize viewing images, formats (CSS, RSS, etc). Aside from that, there is the danger of you posting your personal information via that proxy. E.g., if you used a proxy server I set up, I can do anything I want with your traffic. This could include creating a fake bank website to steal your credentials, remember its my network and you know little of what's going on behind it other than the fact you decided "oh anonymous proxy... sounds neat"
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    sexion8 wrote:
    DoubleD wrote:

EXAMPLE:

Posts in this topic

It all depends on the proxy server settings period. Some proxies are configured to minimize viewing images, formats (CSS, RSS, etc). Aside from that, there is the danger of you posting your personal information via that proxy. E.g., if you used a proxy server I set up, I can do anything I want with your traffic. This could include creating a fake bank website to steal your credentials, remember its my network and you know little of what's going on behind it other than the fact you decided "oh anonymous proxy... sounds neat"

is anonymous proxy bad to uses then? I uses them all the time
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    But his problem is when he isn't using the proxy. I'm still convinced he just needs to change his personal settings for the forum he is visiting -- I believe the format he is listing is an option for Invision-powered forums.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
    DoubleD wrote:
    is anonymous proxy bad to uses then? I uses them all the time

You --> Anonymous Proxy --> Some site

To the site your identity is that of the anonymous proxy address. This doesn't mean it's truly an anonymous proxy in fact the chances are under a court order, information identifying you will be disclosed. There is the matter of TOR and the potential to track you through that too, but that's an altogether different story. When you use a proxy, you're using someone else's network to pass your information to and from. You're at their control, you have zero idea of what is going on behind a proxy other than your own. Bottom line.
    September 22, 2008 (Computerworld) The man who traced the IP address of the hacker who accessed Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's e-mail account last week confirmed today that it belongs to an Illinois company that provides Internet service to the Knoxville, Tenn., apartment complex where the FBI served a search warrant early Sunday.

Gabriel Ramuglia, the webmaster of Ctunnel, an Athens, Ga.-based proxy service used by the hacker to mask his or her identity, acknowledged that the IP address he found in his server logs belongs to Pavlov Media, an Internet service provider based in Champaign, Ill.

http://computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9115289
    The proxy he provided, of course, was a Secret Service machine specially configured for monitoring, and agents watched as the hacker surfed to "My T-Mobile," and entered a username and password belonging to Peter Cavicchia, a Secret Service cyber crime agent in New York.

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/10271

Again... You're at the liberty of someone's else's machine/network.

Further reading
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/22/palin_hack_suspect_search_warrant/
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/15/tor_hacker_arrest/
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    But his problem is when he isn't using the proxy. I'm still convinced he just needs to change his personal settings for the forum he is visiting -- I believe the format he is listing is an option for Invision-powered forums.

Its the ProProfs Forums??

Im not sure how to change my settings to help me see the forum properly!!!
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Look to the right side of the screen for where it says Options with a down arrow. Click that and you'll see a menu that has a Display Modes section at the bottom. Select standard or whichever you prefer. That should fix it for you.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    undomiel wrote:
    Look to the right side of the screen for where it says Options with a down arrow. Click that and you'll see a menu that has a Display Modes section at the bottom. Select standard or whichever you prefer. That should fix it for you.

Thanks Brother

Its sorted now thats what it was!! Its really pisses me off when that happends!!