fix automatic shut down

tkumar11tkumar11 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello, my sony laptop shuts down automatically after it ran for 15 or 20 minutes. can anyone suggest me as to how I can fix this. I cleaned the fan and the computer but still I have this automatic shut down problem. Thanks. icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Does it actually go through the shutdown process or does it just suddenly lose power?

What model? What OS?
  • rbutturinirbutturini Member Posts: 123
    Does this happen when the laptop is idle or in the middle of using it?
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Make sure its not something simple like a Power Save setting that puts it into standby/hibernation.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • tkumar11tkumar11 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you dynamik, rbuttturini & sprkymrk for your postings. It does not shut down on standby or hibernation or idle but shuts down in the middle of using it and also it does not go thru any shut down processes.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I'm assuming it does this even when running off of solely A/C power? I would remove the battery to test it out just to be sure. Will it do the same thing if you leave it idling in Safe Mode? In the BIOS? Have you checked your heat levels?
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    undomiel wrote:
    Have you checked your heat levels?
    +1, is the fan running? (i.e. does it get toasty?)
  • tkumar11tkumar11 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks undomiel and astors for your postings. I never checked the bios - let me know how to check and fix it pl. whether running on battery or AC power has no effect for the auto shut down.