Options

MCSA 2003

jtbezjtbez Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I passed the MCSA for Win2K a good few years ago but never did the upgrade exam. I noticed they expired back in March this year. I guess the only way to be MCSA now is to do the full track again?

Thanks,

Johnta

Comments

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It might not be as bad as you think :)

You can use the MCSA2000 as the elective and you have a valid client exam that also applies to the 2003 track - you'd just need to do two exams (70-290 and 70-291)

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    bertieb wrote:
    It might not be as bad as you think :)

You can use the MCSA2000 as the elective and you have a valid client exam that also applies to the 2003 track - you'd just need to do two exams (70-290 and 70-291)

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx

Wow! Thats great, thanks alot. I really had resigned myself to doing 4 again! I'm not up on the numbers, is the 70-291 "The Beast"? I remember doing the original one 70-216, man that was tuff lol....oh well I'm up for the challege! Needless to say I will be on here more...

Thanks again!
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah the 70-291 Networking Infrastructure exam has a reputation but really, if you study for it properly its nowhere near as bad as a lot of people say (just don't underestimate it!). Have a read throught the forums and you'll get some really good advice.

The 70-290 (a bit like the Win2000 server exam) is easier and it would be my recommendation to do that one first.

The upgrade exam that expired (70-292) was apparently really tough, and that was effectively the 290/291 combined. I can see how that one was tough and was very hard to pass first time.

Good luck, you'll be fine if you put the effort in.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    bertieb wrote:
    Yeah the 70-291 Networking Infrastructure exam has a reputation but really, if you study for it properly its nowhere near as bad as a lot of people say (just don't underestimate it!). Have a read throught the forums and you'll get some really good advice.

The 70-290 (a bit like the Win2000 server exam) is easier and it would be my recommendation to do that one first.

The upgrade exam that expired (70-292) was apparently really tough, and that was effectively the 290/291 combined. I can see how that one was tough and was very hard to pass first time.

Good luck, you'll be fine if you put the effort in.

Yeah thats what I found the last time, its all about how much time and effort you put in. I passed the 4 Win2K 1st time each one but I really went the extra miles for the then "Beast. I've read theres "simulations" ont he 70-290 and its not all questions? Guess i gotta get ready for that too.

Cheers,

Johnta
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Best of luck on the 2k3 track!!