VBScript?

rooleeroolee Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Nearly ready to take the exam! really not getting my head around VBScript though! is it something that I'm likely to come accross in the exam? if so has anyone got any tips or good resources on VBScripting?

The MS Press doesn't go into it very much and the Exam Cram book doesn't mention it at all which leads me to think it's maybe not something I'd see in an exam?

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • rooleeroolee Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:

Excellent! should have probably thought to look there in the first place, haha.

So if any VBScript questions turn up in the exam can I sue Microsoft? icon_wink.gif

Also, the main reason I asked this was because VBScript questions keep appearing in the Transcender exams.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    VBscript is a good thing to know (powershell is now the better thing to know). But I think Transcenders asks questions about commands like DSADD in a script. Not about HOW you script in VB.

Thats just what I remember hearing as I don't have Transcenders. :)
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • rooleeroolee Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    VBscript is a good thing to know (powershell is now the better thing to know). But I think Transcenders asks questions about commands like DSADD in a script. Not about HOW you script in VB.

Thats just what I remember hearing as I don't have Transcenders. :)

Yep, I've no doubt it's a handy thing to know but at the moment I just want to nail this exam and know all the info for that inside out.

The Transcender questions are definitely VBScript related and they always seem to be sort and order type questions. I'm totally cool with the DS commands. icon_cool.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Those Transcender questions seem to be outside of the exam's scope. They caught me off guard as well. I wouldn't worry too much about them.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Those Transcender questions seem to be outside of the exam's scope. They caught me off guard as well. I wouldn't worry too much about them.

The MSPress Books also put a lot of stress on scripting for some reason as well. They even have a supplementary CD to explain it better! icon_confused.gif

Omit Scripting and go pass 290 good luck! icon_cool.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Yea no real VBScripting on the the 290 exam you should be ok :D
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Don't be shocked if you actually see it on there though. They seed questions in there to learn more about you. It won't be scored.
    -Daniel
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There is a VBscript question. But it's easy to decipher the answer. You don't need to learn a scripting language to pass any Microsoft exam. That is of course they do come out with a scripting exam like their programming exams.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks