Hulu.com...the future of television!

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
I'm not one to talk up products, but after reading the article on Wired (link below) I went to the site to check it out. Hulu.com (for those who don't know) provide you with all types of media to view. You can view them using your browser (did it on Firefox) and watch in full screen. If your like me, I tend to start watching shows and then start missing them as life steps (like studying for the CCENT or school or work!). Now I can watch a ton of shows (not all of the ones I like but most of them) whenever I want! I just watched the two new episodes of Heroes that aired last night. Streamed to my laptop via wireless and not buffering once! Plus, they have only four 30 second commercials! Sign-up and check it out!

Wired Article
http://www.wired.com/entertainment/theweb/magazine/16-10/mf_hulu (wish they would have talked about the technology behind it)

www.hulu.com

It appears that episodes come on the day after they come on TV. At least now I don't have to worry about being able to record a show on the dvr because there are conflicts with others in my house!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, I've been using it since they launched it. It's definitely come a long way. I don't have cable, so access to something like this is great.
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yep I've been using Hulu for awhile myself. Love the small amount of commercials, even though they do show the same commercial over and over through the whole show (at least that's been my experience). I've been using Hulu to show my friends the awesomeness that was Journeyman. RIP icon_sad.gif
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you seen that you can rate whether you like the commercial or not (I think you need to move the mouse around during the commercial to bring up the options) and sometimes you can choose which types of commercials you see throughout the show? They really seem to be doing some innovative things.

My only complaint is that they consider 480p to be "high def." I can't wait for 720 or 1080.
  • SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    This makes me want to cancel my cable I really don't watch enough to justify paying as much as i do.
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Four 30 second commercials? That's like...2 minutes of commercials. icon_confused.gif

When I stream there are no commercials. ;)

...oh, wait, I don't mean that. *whistle* icon_eek.gif
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    hmm I've never used this I will have to check it out when I get home from work!