passed ICND2 --> take THAT cisco

jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
Let me start off by saying that was pretty hard.. Okay it was very hard, but I passed with a 890!

As soon as I started the test and hit the 3rd question I pretty much froze and panicked lol. I had no idea what to do or where to begin. If you're anything like me and do tests super fast, relax a bit and take your time. Believe it or not when I had 10 questions left I realized I had about 40 minutes to spare.

The outcome:

Configure, troubleshoot VLANs... - 80%
Implement an IP addressing scheme... - 88%
Configure and troubleshoot basic routing... - 86%
Implement and verify NAT and ACLS... - 66% <---- epic fail icon_rolleyes.gif
Implement and verify WAN links... - 100%

Nooo idea what happened with the NAT/ACLs thing, frankly I don't want to know icon_cool.gif.

I studied for about 1 and a half months and I used CBT nuggets, Cisco Exploration and this forum.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Comments

• JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    jovan88 wrote:
    Let me start off by saying that was pretty hard.. Okay it was very hard, but I passed with a 890!

As soon as I started the test and hit the 3rd question I pretty much froze and panicked lol. I had no idea what to do or where to begin. If you're anything like me and do tests super fast, relax a bit and take your time. Believe it or not when I had 10 questions left I realized I had about 40 minutes to spare.

The outcome:

Configure, troubleshoot VLANs... - 80%
    Implement an IP addressing scheme... - 88%
    Configure and troubleshoot basic routing... - 86%
    Implement and verify NAT and ACLS... - 66% <---- epic fail icon_rolleyes.gif
    Implement and verify WAN links... - 100%

Nooo idea what happened with the NAT/ACLs thing, frankly I don't want to know icon_cool.gif.

I studied for about 1 and a half months and I used CBT Nuggets, Cisco Exploration and this forum.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Holy crap, I have my ICND1 scheduled next week and I thought your title said you passed the CCENT not the ICND2.

I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK when I read your summary topics, whew I was like ACLS? I have to know how to implement ACLS!? :D good job on the pass.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good job mate! Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, welcome to the CCNA club. :D
    What's up next for you, going to go further down the Cisco-road, or are you going to do something altogether different?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Yes, what now? Microsoft certs seems to be the best bet right now since they have the free retake Second Shot offer until June 2009.
  • wat08wat08 Member Posts: 128
    Man, Im scared *****ESS..........I don't even wanna know if I want to take it now. Congrats! I just wish someone would say it's not like entering a death camp...
  • wat08wat08 Member Posts: 128
    NOTE: I've got about 5 mixed drinks in me at the moment........the blonde didn't like me too much tonight....
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    thanks guys, I will be sticking with my love for Cisco so ill be aiming to get some of the CCNP done before my CCNA expires, but also I'm tossing up between Microsoft or Linux certs.

Microsoft seems pretty boring to me, but I guess you can't escape it because its everywhere. I might start off with the Linux+, but for now its speculation.

wat08 its not THAT bad, but definitely its not as easy as i thought it would be that's for sure!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Good Score!

Don't worry about NAT and ACL's.. once you start pursuing your CCNP you use it all MUCH more.. and ACL's start making way more sense.
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    congrats on the pass!!