Options

What is a good/common VB Script editor?

LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am currently writing very basic admin scripts for my 2003 enviroment and I am tired of using notepad... Does anyone know of a good VB Script editor? I tried VB Express 2008 but apparently that does not do any .vbs files. Does VB 2008 Full do .vbs files? What is the difference between .vb and .vbs? Any help would be greatly appreciated... THANKS!

Comments

• Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try Notepad++.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    BeaverC32 wrote:

I love Notepad++ I use it for whatever I'm coding in, and all you need to do is select the language and it changes its formatting.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Primalscript is the premiere VBscript editor. For PowerShell, it's horrible compared to AdminScriptEditor. They're working on PrimalScript 2009 which will probably kick ASE's butt though. We'll see. If PrimalScript 2009 rocks, I will be buying that.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just want to add in one that I found that I actually really like and its free... VbsEditor. Works great for what I am currently doing but I will definitely explore the others you guys mentioned.
    Thanks for all the help.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    LOkrasa wrote:
    Just want to add in one that I found that I actually really like and its free... VbsEditor. Works great for what I am currently doing but I will definitely explore the others you guys mentioned.
    Thanks for all the help.
    VBSEdit is pretty good if you're on a budget. PrimalScript rocks for VBScript (and KIX, etc) but like royal said, it sucks for PowerShell (Don if you're reading this, fix it in '09! ;))