CareerSaver, thoughts anyone?

mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was "pleasantly" surprised to be called by CareerSavers, http://www.careersaver.com, thanks to my free subscription to ComputerWorld. (**sarcasm**) I admit that the female representative that started off the call was very pleasant to listen and speak to :D, but the guy afterwords that tried to make the sale seemed a bit hostile. icon_mad.gif

They seem to offer the following:

Live tutors
Simulators
Hardcopy books
Audio sessions

I am not promoting this website. I never heard of them until this phone call today. They said they have been in business for over 10 years. I never really thought of the cost of my study materials to be expensive since my friends and I lend material. We sometimes pitch in and split costs, so no big deal. I enjoy reading books, so no big deal there too.

Asides from the overall lack luster call, what are people's impression of this certification study system/package?

I can imagine that their business might be hurting right now due to the economy, but they do have a lifetime membership that includes all the IT books for as long as you live. Then again, I presume that the books are limited to official releases only. i.e. don't expect a Sybex or an ExamCram.

Comments

• mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Haha... censored... :P Anyways, its a legit question even if censored.

Its a lot of money that I can't justify spending, but just want people's impressions.
  • StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    Steer the ship away. Lifelong membership? How long do you think this company will be around for?
    Oh... that's a good point. Membership is only as long as how long the company will be around. icon_confused.gif Didn't think about that when they called. The guy did seem kind of desperate to get a sale.

Though having a pretty good sense of customer service, his use of the word "you" was not a good idea while trying to coerce someone to do something... icon_mad.gif
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    .....and here I thought I was the only one with a bad experience from this company

I remember a month or so ago I got the same phone call. The guy started off nice and explaining everything, I became interested. As the conversation went on he began getting VERY pushy. At this point i began to back off and telling him I needed to think about it since the "lifetime" membership was something like 2 or 3k for the package I was looking at. He didn't like that and basically just kept pushing to the point of being an complete A-hole and not taking no for an answer. Desperate for sales would be an understatment. I tried a number of times to politely tell him i have to go get back to work. Finally I basically had to hang up on the guy. I never hang up on people, but this guy I had to. He called back about 3-4 more times but i never answered.

I don't normally judge a company by one employee of the company, but I'd recommend staying away from this company if these salesmen are this pushy with others.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
    .....and here I thought I was the only one with a bad experience from this company.

I don't normally judge a company by one employee of the company, but I'd recommend staying away from this company if these salesmen are this pushy with others.

Wow, that was really bad. Mine went along the lines of the guy started to claim that I had no interest in this study program because I must rely on brain ****. He didn't say it directly, but I knew what he implied and that nearly sent me off the deep end. But, soon after his comment, he backed off, thanked me for my time, and ended the call. icon_mad.gif
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I know this is an old thread but I just ordered their 10 year membership even though I got the same impression, sales guy was kinda pushy. I didn't really mind, it looks like a nice package of material. If anyone is curious about the material hit me up, didnt see any other threads on the board covering it. The true test will be if I pass or fail the exam I supose.