New CCNA books

TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
When do you guys think they'll do the refresh for the CCNA? I'm thinking about buying the 6th edition Todd Lammle book but I'm curious in how long until they'll do the 09 refresh.

Comments

• mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The CCNA was refreshed last year Nov. 7th, 2007. I doubt they'll change it for a while.
  • penguinkingpenguinking Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just buy Lammle's 6th edition from last year, since the CCNA was updated to the 640-802 version just 11 months ago, and it took several months after that for them to phase out the old 640-801 anyway.
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    Does it completely cover 640-822 and 640-618? I know I'm not going to be ready before October due date for 640-802 discount so I'm going for the two exam route.
  • penguinkingpenguinking Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ^ Absolutely, Lammle's 6th edition (which I hold right in front of me) covers ICND1 and ICND2. So whether you study for the two exam route or not, it literally makes zero difference because Lammle's book covers the entire CCNA 802 exam. Where the ICND1 breaks off from the ICND2, I wouldn't know. I'd go for Odom's Cisco Press books for that sort of information. Odom released his Cisco Press books last year, the same time (and month, actually) as Lammle's 6th edition was released.