help with studying techniques

bencbenc Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
im only 15 and i started the complete a+ certification about 2 weeks ago and im finding it incredibly daunting i hav got cd's to teach me the course and books and have been studying hard as i hope to complete the course christmas time my auntie regulary gives me tests (shes a comp pro got loads of quals includin dis 1) but i find it hard to keep the info in my mind any of you guys got some good ways or learning the info etc. thx for your help

Comments

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1.start living and breathing it everyday
    2. get some hardware for better practice
    3. continue to do your homework and stay in school
    4. stay away from video games during times your supposed to study
    5. find some other guys that are technical to study with
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • sab4yousab4you Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    always have your book (or any study material) with you at all times or as most you can reasonably.

Once you are sick of your study book, make some flashcards and carry those around. Dwindle the flashcards down by removing the ones you always get right and only keep the ones you have trouble remembering.

Since your 15 your probably not driving. Bring the book/flashcards in the car with you whenever your parents are driving you somewhere. Perfect opportunity to get 15 minutes of quickie studies in.

Sticking with it weekly is important as info leaks out your brain when you dont study :D Make a designated study place thats not on your bed! Your body gets used to areas and what you do there, if you try to lay on your bed to study your brain thinks sleepy time. Get a nice well lit desk and always study there.

Lasly dont procrastinate the test. The longer it takes to get you to the test then the more likely your going to forget or end up not even taking the test.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I have a hard time myself studying. Its not that I don't understand it but its hard to study outside of a structured enviorment. What I have learned is just pick a time of day and study for only an hour, if you need more take a 10 minute break after the first hour. Do this on a regular routine & you'll be suprised by how easly you get in the groove of studying.
  • HÆLLRÆZORHÆLLRÆZOR Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you are 15 worry about graduating High school, getting laid, and playing sports. When you graduate then start on certs (if you don't go to college). Trust me at this point in time it is better to work hard on your school based education. It is a lot more important at this point in your life.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    you are 15 worry about graduating High school, getting laid, and playing sports. When you graduate then start on certs (if you don't go to college). Trust me at this point in time it is better to work hard on your school based education. It is a lot more important at this point in your life.

Abosolutely.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    well that is true, but it is great you have chosen your future plans early so continue to learn school and certs.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    HOLLLLLLLLA!!!!!

garv221 wrote:

Abosolutely.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I agree with Keenon, that it is great you have chosen your future plans early and, to a certain degree, I feel it's like martial arts: the younger you start the better.

But HÆLLRÆZOR listed some highly essential activities as well, I just want to add one more, of which I did far to little on that age: read literature and other non-tech books from great writers and great minds from the present and the past. Those books contain information that will be valuable through your entire life, in many situations. Opposite to a lot of information in the tech books you will read now...