Options

Just passed yesterday

triple Jtriple J Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the A+ core with a 741 yesterday. About a week earlier I passed the A+ OS with a 623. I've found a great study regime that has helped me to pass certification tests with confidence.

First I purchase a textbook that will go into every objective thoroughly. I read and take notes to ensure I comprehend the subject.

Next I buy a selfstudy cram book ( I really like the Mike Meyers PassPort series). I go through that to reinforce the concepts. I also use this site's practice exams and the forums to see what other people say about the tests.

Finally I go to http://www.getcertify4less.com/. I get the voucher with either the selftest software or the transcender. I run through those until I get 98% every time. Each test program has had at least 5 questions almost word for word on the actual exam ( your mileage will vary of course ).

I feel this is a way not only to get certified but to really understand the concepts behind the test. Total time form purchase of the first book to certification is about 3 months. I usually do more then one subject at a time.
Now onto 70-270, 70-290, and Security+ hopefully.

Comments