How much more to study for sscp

HÆLLRÆZORHÆLLRÆZOR Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
How much harder do I need to study for the SSCP if I have my SEC+ and CIW SEC Pro?

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'm working on the SSCP exam myself and I'd say that after Sec+ all you need is a good study guide for the SSCP exam and read the parts you haven't studied for the Sec+ exam (or CIW Sec Pro). IMO the Sec+ exam is a bad rip-off of the SSCP and/or CISSP exam. The SSCP goes somewhat more in detail though (i.e. the Malicious Code part), there is a huge amount of overlap though. Almost everything (hence all practice questions/study notes) from Sec+ is part of SSCP though. I roughly estimate that Sec+ is about 70% of SSCP (and SSCP about 70% of CISSP...).
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    How much harder do I need to study for the SSCP if I have my SEC+ and CIW SEC Pro?

I agree with Webmaster. After completing those two, you are pretty close. If you can do the questions in the SRV books...you will be fine.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • HÆLLRÆZORHÆLLRÆZOR Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the replies, Looks like I can go ahead and schedule the test. Oh and Good luck on the SSCP Webmaster.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin