Options

Okay, I just took the plunge

AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
And booked my first Lab date, 21 Nov this year in San Jose (since RTP is 'mysteriously' booked up until March next year for security, I guess the new track equipment is going in).

I just finished Internetwork Expert's security bootcamp yesterday so I figured it was time to at least give it a go, if it doesn't work out at least it'll be reconnaissance icon_cyclops_ani.gif

The bootcamp was excellent btw. It was hosted by Brian McGahan and there were about 10 students total, one of which was Anthony Sequeira (their newest instructor and someone most here will recognize from his books) the rest were a mix of Cisco AS reps and a few existing CCIE's from other domains (the guy sitting beside me was already a CCIE R&S and Voice)....so it was a wee bit intimidating :) that said everyone was very down to earth and while I knew I was sitting in a room of CCIE demigods nobody acted like it mattered icon_wink.gif . Anyway the course material was very well paced with technology lectures before each major lab section that gave pointers but did not spoon feed solutions so you still had to work for your results, which I guess is kind of the point. At all times Brian tried to identify areas that he felt you absolutely needed to know offhand before even thinking of doing the Lab vs. those that were better left to knowing the principals and uses but it being more realistic to know where the exact Syntax could be found in the documentation (the new layout) and of course showing what he considered to be the best locations for information within the online doc.s. Brian was at all times approachable and extremely knowledgeable. whether it was a genuinely hard topic or something stupid you should have known offhand his manner never wavered from courteous and professional, again since at the start I felt like the least experienced guy in the room I really appreciated this. While I know I have a lot of work still to do to pass the Lab this week's course has brought me a hell of a lot closer to it.
Highly recommended.
We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's about time! ;)

Good luck! I'll be eagerly awaiting to read about your pass.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man. i hope it goes well for you.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Oh NO!! A Dreaded FRIDAY Lab Date!!! icon_eek.gif

Are you going to fly to Vegas after your Lab Exam and wait for your Lab Result there? :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Doh!...I wasn't even thinking about that, but I've been told since they're manually graded the Security results take a few days anyway, a few more won't kill me....er...maybe..... icon_eek.gif

dynamik wrote:
    It's about time! ;)

And I thought I was being aggressive time-wise :).
    Thanks for the well wishes guys, 8 weeks and counting...down....ominously (Vincent Price mental voice)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the plunge!

enjoy the prep and we'll be here cheering for you!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!

Hope to see you with a number here soon!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Best of luck Ahriakin!! :D
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wish you the best!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    pr3d4t0rpr3d4t0r Member Posts: 173
    I wish you luck m8.

I ll probably have my 1st try @ 28 of November at Brussels.

:D
  • Options
    Thanks (again :) ) folks. And good luck to you to pr3d4t0r, hopefully we can bring in 2 numbers in one week :).
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Good Luck :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck (and skill and wisdom) to you on this Ahriakin! :D
    All things are possible, only believe.