New CCNA !!

Phliplip112Phliplip112 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just completed my last exam (640-811) for my CCNA! now i have some spare time for a while..... until i decide if i want to do the security or voice.

I'm confused though, is there anything on the Cisco cert tracker to get my stuff?

Should i wait for the tracker update before i put it on my resume?

I am excited to get my resume out there, since now I have something more than A+ to put on it. Maybe i might actually get some calls, lolz!!!

:Dicon_exclaim.gif

Comments

• tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Phliplip112,
    Just completed my last exam (640-811) for my CCNA! now i have some spare time for a while..... until i decide if i want to do the security or voice.

I'm confused though, is there anything on the Cisco cert tracker to get my stuff?

By default, you will be mailed a paper/cardboard Cisco Career Certification in snail mail.
    Should i wait for the tracker update before i put it on my resume?

Yes. That way, even if you haven't physically gotten your certificate in snail mail, at least you can fire off a "Publish Credentials" e-mail to verify your current status. If you prematurely jump the gun by publishing your CCNA certification on your resume then you'd have NO way of being able to prove your certification, by showing the certificate or e-mailing your status. Just like tracing a network problem, here's what I'd recommend:
    1. Keep checking on http://www.vue.com to find out if Vue has received your "Pass" score.
    2. After verifying that Vue has received your exam results, then check the Cisco "Certification Tracking System" for your CCNA(R) certification status. Make sure that under "Personal Information" that your mailing address is correct because that's where your certificate is going to be snail mailed.
    I am excited to get my resume out there, since now I have something more than A+ to put on it. Maybe i might actually get some calls, lolz!!!

:Dicon_exclaim.gif

I hope this helps.
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Phliplip112!
  • Phliplip112Phliplip112 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    it did thanks! i just checked again a few minutes ago and the little box next to CCNA was blue and in big red letters at the top it says CERTIFIED!

so i guess that means i'm good to go with putting it on my resume.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Try the Preview option on the Publish Credentials page now so that you've got the hang of it.... you don't want to try it for the first time when you have employers clamoring for Certification Verification. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • JohnDouglasJohnDouglas Member Posts: 186
    excellent work, well done.

surely you have a pass sheet printed out from the test centre. that will do until you get your status officially update.
  • Phliplip112Phliplip112 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    excellent work, well done.

surely you have a pass sheet printed out from the test centre. that will do until you get your status officially update.

i do

so is there a CCNA: security book out? i think thats the direction i want to go