Mike Myers A+ cert books review questions....

TechBoy22TechBoy22 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was just curious for those of you who have this book, Do you test yourself with the review questions and how does it make you feel at the end?

I've tested myself from chapters 2-6 in the 6th edition and did very well when going over my answers. Does this or should this mean to me that I have a pretty good understanding of the material so far or should I continue studying these chapters a little more before moving on?

These questions seem pretty straight forward. Are they similar to questions that are on the exam? Do they give you similar scenerios?

Just looking for some opinions. Feels good knowing I am suddenly doing better and am able to give correct answers.

I have the Mike myers A+ certification sixth edition. Thanks for your time.
Michael

Dreams are made up of small ideas with BIG pictures. Focus is the key that unlocks the door to success.

Comments

• TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    I have that book. The questions will probably be more difficult than those end of the chapter reviews. Those are just to make sure you absorbed some of what you read, and to show you of areas in the chapter you might have fazed out of so you can go back and review. Doesn't that book come with a CD, and some videos with Mike Myers?

Of course it means that you are doing better, though. The sixth chapter is hard drives, right? How are priorities determined in a SCSI chain, and in what order? What cable does the ATA/66 use, and how fast? When and why would you set a HDD jumper to cable select? Which RAM banks need to be terminated? What CPU cache is interior and which is exterior?

If you can answer those comfortably then my vote would be that you are ready to move on to the other half of the book, but of course review before the test... but don't go on just my word because I haven't taken it yet either... but I'm almost ready
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    http://certification.comptia.org/a/

http://certification.comptia.org/resources/practice_test.aspx

The above two links should answer most of your exam type questions.

Good luck!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • TechBoy22TechBoy22 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The sixth chapter is expansion bus..Thanks for the advice though.

Also thanks for the links. I checked them out. That practice test is only 10 questions though. I dont get it. Why so short?
    Michael

Dreams are made up of small ideas with BIG pictures. Focus is the key that unlocks the door to success.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    TechBoy22 wrote:
    .... That practice test is only 10 questions though. I dont get it. Why so short?

It shouldn't take more then a few questions to understand the format. More then that and it's like practicing TO the test instead of learning the material.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    Doesn't that books cd come with a bunch of practice exams? Try looking on the cd
    Yeah it does come with a cd. havnt installed it yet. I'm also getting a copy of the interactive lessons on a cd from school. That helps a lot. I believe the cd only has a sample version of the lesson. Gives like an hours worth. But yeah, I'm slowly learning what my way of studying is. I havn't been in school since 2001 when I graduated highschool. So i'm very rusty. Any suggestions or help would be great.

Hey, How are those cram exam books? Do they work and are they helpful in anyway?
    Michael

A lot of people find those exam crams very useful. I have one in the mail on the way to me of Server+

I graduated 2001 also.
    cool. I think ill look into those exam crams as well. Seems like itll be useful. Thanks again bub.
    Michael