really need yall help guys?

motivemotive Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey guys!

i was wondering if anyone can be any assistance with me n putting SATA drivers back on the computer??

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    motive wrote:
    hey guys!

i was wondering if anyone can be any assistance with me n putting SATA drivers back on the computer??

icon_scratch.gif

How'd they come off?

How old of a system are you talking about?
    Need a little more info to be clear on what you need. On a clean install (on older boards) one would hit F6 during the install. Most newer boards auto install the drivers so it's basically....plug in the drive and install the OS.

So, please describe how this came to be to help get the resolution likely to suit your needs.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Doing a rebuild I guess and cant get Windows to boot?

Y'all need to f6 and install the correct driver.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    If you can get Windows to boot, reinstall the drivers available at the motherboard manufacturer's Web site first. If the SATA controller is a separate card, install the drivers from the SATA manufacture's Web site second.
  • motivemotive Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:
    motive wrote:
    hey guys!

icon_scratch.gif

How'd they come off?

Need a little more info to be clear on what you need. On a clean install (on older boards) one would hit F6 during the install. Most newer boards auto install the drivers so it's basically....plug in the drive and install the OS.

So, please describe how this came to be to help get the resolution likely to suit your needs.

hey they came off by me doing a sysclean on the computer!
    motive wrote:
    Plantwiz wrote:
    motive wrote:
    hey guys!

icon_scratch.gif

How'd they come off?

hey they came off by me doing a sysclean on the computer!

hey guys,

Know i went head and do a sysclean on this system that is a sata drive.. its a compaq presario - SR1303wm. with sata hard drive the raid is connected in the PCI slots!
    i try nite lite on the sata drive from getting the drivers from off the next but that still didnt work is there any other way i could get the drivers for that ?

icon_sad.gif
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    motive wrote:
    i try nite lite on the sata drive from getting the drivers from off the next but that still didnt work is there any other way i could get the drivers for that ?

icon_sad.gif

Okay so you have the SATA drivers now? Place them on a floppy disk. When you begin to install Windows on the computer, watch for a propmt at the bottom of the screen that says "For additional drivers or SCSI drivers hit F6" or something like that. Hit F6 at that point. A little later it will prompt you to insert the floppy disk containing the drivers.

Make sure you have the correct file(s) on the floppy disk. It should NOT be an EXE or ZIP file. I think it should be a .SYS file. Also, if that is not the reason it's not working, then see this article;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918318

I also found this nice tutorial on Seagate's site:

SATA Troubleshooter - Windows 2000/XP Installation Basics
    All things are possible, only believe.
    but i dont have a floppy drive guys i was wondering if i could boot it from a windows software cd?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    nLite should have worked. Which version of Windows are you using? There's a separate version for XP/2003 and Vista. Are you sure you embedded the correct drivers?
    yeah i got the raid drivers from off the site but that still didnt work when i try up loading the cd...