All Work and No Play Makes Johnny a Dull Boy

mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
So what do you guys/girls like to do in your spare time?

Lately, I've just been studying for certs and working. When I'm not at work or studying, someone is asking me to look at their computer. I've been starting to exercise more lately, but that's pretty much my life right now.
Working on Linux+

Comments

• jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    My "spare time" is used for studying. My other time is spent working and taking care of my 8 month old son. My wife works late so after my son goes to bed is when I can study.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    In my spare time I either exercise (after school), study for certs, or play pc games :D
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Watch midget pr0n featuring David Lee Roth:

david_lee_roth_antes_y_ahora.jpg
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Kevin10686Kevin10686 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If I ain't working I am either busy with my 3 year old or doing something for my pregnant wife. I try to study for some certs and play play station 3. And its always nice to drink some beer with some friends.
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    cuervo. goes good with the trip.
  • DiminutiveDiminutive Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    been playing travian.com, not bad game to play while studying, long blocks of time in between "moves"
    WIP: Win2008 MCITP Upgrade
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BeaverC32, too much information.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • wat08wat08 Member Posts: 128
    "My girls, sir, they didn't care for the Overlook at first. One of them actually stole a pack of matches and tried to burn it down, but I....corrected them, sir."

I watch Kubrick films in my spare time.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    When the weather is good, I go rock climbing. Skiing during the winter.
  • sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
    mrhaun03 wrote:

Lately, I've just been studying for certs and working. When I'm not at work or studying, someone is asking me to look at their computer. I've been starting to exercise more lately, but that's pretty much my life right now.

Spare time consists of learning more when I'm not around family. Alongside creating digital music with ACID, Rebirth or getting on turntables, I occasionally turn on X360 for Mass Effect or even PS2 for FF, but I took a view to study fiercely for the next year. Other than that, I can rest, relax and play when I retire
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
  • jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    I used to play ice hockey. I was a goalie in a few recreational leagues. When my son was born, that all stopped. I try to at least set one night of the week aside for playing video games because, as the thread says, all work and no play is dull. As my son gets old enough to play sports and video games with me, the dullness will probably subside.
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    sexion8 wrote:
    mrhaun03 wrote:

Spare time consists of learning more when I'm not around family. Alongside creating digital music with ACID, Rebirth or getting on turntables, I occasionally turn on X360 for Mass Effect or even PS2 for FF, but I took a view to study fiercely for the next year. Other than that, I can rest, relax and play when I retire

Which FF ya playin? I just recentaly started playing FF VII, by far my favorite.
    Working on Linux+
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    I refurb and restore JBL speakers from the 60's and 70's. icon_cool.gif
    Steroeo006.jpg
    Steroeo004.jpg
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Computer/Video games, spending time with my girlfriend when I have time.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Learning to play the viola :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Not got enough speakers there IMO icon_eek.gif
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    tiersten wrote:
    Not got enough speakers there IMO icon_eek.gif
    I'm working as fast as I can, It's a HOBBY, remember? icon_wink.gif
    Steroeo010.jpg
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    "Free time"? What the hell is that?!? icon_eek.gif

Let's see, I've got a pretty rigorous schedule set up right now, but it'll change once I'm working again.

(In order of importance)
    * School
    * Cert-study
    * Job-searching
    * Catching up on my Trig, (for school, turns out I suffer from CRS when it comes to classes I took in high school).
    * I spend about 1 and 1/2 hours in the gym, 5 days a week.

Aside from that, my 'free time' consists of doing other things. I recently found myself involved with a woman, so she's been occupying a lot of the time I'd be spending just watching TV or playing games.

Heh, heh. . . I guess that answers the question of 'what I do in my free time'. (Bow-chicka-bow-wow.) icon_cool.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I like going out occasionaly for drinks with friends.

When I am not studying I am normally doing my digital painting or playing games, pc games mainly.

I guess i need a new lady to take up my time!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    I find cooking a great way to pass my time. I used to be into online games in a big way (Quake 2, SWG, Everquest 1&2) but had to stop due to the huge amount of hours I could easily poor into them without realising.

Now it's just enjoying time with the kids, cooking new things and studying in about that order.
    Kam.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cert study, work, work out, girlfriend. no spare time.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
    mrhaun03 wrote:
    sexion8 wrote:
    mrhaun03 wrote:
    Which FF ya playin? I just recentaly started playing FF VII, by far my favorite.

FF VII and FF VIII I mix and match ;) If I could get an older copy of the first Metroid, it would have been that, or Shadowrun (the original one)
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can download Metroid and Super Metroid on the Wii for $5 or $10. I've been playing more older games than newer ones icon_eek.gif
  • jarjarjarjar Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would like to say I study... but I just like to surf the interwebs and drink.

I read, play with the kids, and watch movies.